Yahoo! Appoints Elisa Steele as Chief Marketing OfficerMarch 24th, 2009 - 12:47 pm ICT by admin
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Mar 23, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) announced that Elisa Steele has joined the company as chief marketing officer, effective today. Steele is responsible for Yahoo!’s brand, its global marketing strategy and its marketing functions including brand marketing, audience marketing, corporate communications, insights, policy and privacy, community affairs, and related central teams. She reports to Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz.
“The Yahoo! brand is one of our most valuable and strategic assets, and Elisa is charged with unlocking its potential globally. Elisa has an outstanding track record in leading global marketing, branding, and communications teams, and we’re excited to welcome her to Yahoo!’s executive staff,” said Bartz. “Yahoo!’s marketing strategy and teams have become decentralized over time - hiring Elisa in the CMO role will quickly mobilize our plan to integrate the function globally and more effectively represent the Yahoo! brand.”
Prior to joining Yahoo!, Steele was senior vice president of corporate marketing at NetApp, where she led the company’s global brand strategy including global communications, corporate relations, and integrated marketing functions. Her work at NetApp included strategically repositioning the brand in the category and a major global relaunch.
Before NetApp, Steele led Sun’s integrated marketing and merchandising organization, where she was responsible for global go-to-market initiatives, campaign execution, events, online marketing, and installed base marketing. Steele also led several other marketing functions at Sun. Her professional experience also includes management positions at iPlanet eCommerce Solutions, JavaSoft, and AT&T.
“I’m excited to join the team and help unleash the incredible power of the Yahoo! brand,” said Steele. “I look forward to working closely with Carol and the entire organization to help renew the company’s focus on its customers and to reassert the brand’s relevance around the world.”
Steele holds a master of business administration degree from San Francisco State University and a bachelor of business administration degree from the University of New Hampshire.
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Yahoo front page chief leaves the company - May 29, 2010
- NetApp unveils software for agile data infrastructure - Jul 19, 2012
- Yahoo to spend $100 mn to promote its brand - Sep 23, 2009
- Yahoo names new CEO - Jan 05, 2012
- Carol Bartz could get $10 million in compensation from Yahoo - Sep 08, 2011
- Yahoo to acquire Interclick for $270 mn - Nov 02, 2011
- Yahoo Inc Lays Off 600 Employees - Dec 15, 2010
- Yahoo! to cut another 2,000 jobs in restructuring effort - Apr 04, 2012
- Yahoo CEO firing shocks the corporate world - Sep 08, 2011
- Yahoo, Nokia announce mobile web pact - May 25, 2010
- Yahoo extends its Facebook Integration for a better user experience - Dec 02, 2009
- Microsoft, Yahoo! Change Search Landscape - Jul 29, 2009
- Indian enterprise software market grows 16 percent in 2010 - Jun 28, 2011
- Yahoo considers selling Asian assets: Report - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: brand marketing, brand strategy, campaign execution, chief marketing, corporate marketing, entire organization, execution events, executive staff, global brand, global marketing strategy, incredible power, integrated marketing, joining yahoo, market initiatives, netapp, privacy community, repositioning, senior vice president, yahoo brand, yhoo