TeamF1 Launches AuthAgent TACACS+ for Embedded DevicesDecember 30th, 2007 - 12:36 am ICT by admin
AuthAgent TACACS+ is the Newest Addition to TeamF1’s AuthAgent Suite of Embedded Authentication Components
FREMONT, Calif. - Dec. 27 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — TeamF1, Inc. (www.TeamF1.com), the leader in embedded networking and security software, today announced immediate availability of AuthAgent TACACS+, its newest product - an implementation of the Cisco TACACS+ (Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System Plus) Protocol, that provides separate authentication and authorization features for networked devices.
AuthAgent TACACS+ is the latest addition to TeamF1’s AuthAgent suite of lean, flexible and configurable authentication protocols. It implements the client side of a client/server information exchange mechanism providing network access to users based on credentials managed by standard “TACACS+ servers” such as those available from Cisco Systems and other leading vendors. With AuthAgent TACACS+, networked embedded devices are able to easily verify user credentials and authorize users without having the overhead of maintaining and administering a database of sensitive user information locally on the device. Applications include secure access to VPNs, gateway devices, dial-up connectors, Ethernet switches and wireless networks, among others.
“Architects of network devices that may be deployed in environments using Cisco networking gear will have a strong need for TACACS+ authentication built into their devices,” said Andy Oehler, Director of Product Management at TeamF1. “With its small footprint and easy-to-use API, TeamF1’s AuthAgent TACACS+ enables OEMs to bring such devices quickly to market, with rich authentication functionality and without any significant impact on system resources.”
AuthAgent TACACS+ is Cisco draft-RFC compliant. It supports password authentication (PAP) as well as challenge-response authentication, and supports CHAP and MS-CHAP authentication. Its modular architecture allows for easy exclusion of unneeded functionality. It is easily ported to many embedded operating systems, offering lower hardware/software integration risks for OEMs.
AuthAgent TACACS+ is available as a source license under royalty-free terms directly from TeamF1 with immediate availability on Wind River’s VxWorks(R) operating system (including VxWorks-based Platforms) and Linux(R). TeamF1’s expert professional services team is also available to help with customizations to the product and ports to other device operating systems.
AuthAgent TACACS+ is also available as an add-on module for TeamF1’s SMBware(TM) production-ready turnkey solutions that enable OEMs/ODMs to deliver devices to the small-to-medium business (SMB) market.
TeamF1, Inc. a privately held corporation headquartered in Fremont, California, is a leader in high performance embedded networking and security software. TeamF1’s products enable secure networking of telecom/datacom and industrial equipment, and provide the infrastructure components needed for switching and wireless products in various market segments.
For more information visit the company’s website at www.TeamF1.com or contact TeamF1 Public Relations at 510-505-9931 or email pr _at_ TeamF1.com.
- Send2Press Entertainment and Technology Weekly News Summary: Jan. 4, 2008 - Jan 09, 2008
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Finnish mobile software firm to launch Bangalore operations - Jul 10, 2010
- Google buys email management software provider - Jul 21, 2012
- Windows 8 heads to computer manufacturers - Aug 02, 2012
- Intelligent hospital kiosk for quick health tests - Aug 19, 2010
- Apple device IDs were stolen from Florida-based digital publishing firm - Sep 12, 2012
- Maximizer CRM 11 Entrepreneur and Team Editions Released in India - Sep 22, 2010
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Uniken India implements secure internet banking solution for Bank of India - Jun 03, 2010
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- Google opens online store for Android users - Feb 03, 2011
- Tucson, AZ man pleads guilty to participating in $23 million fraud scheme - Apr 19, 2010
- Cisco to invest $545 mn in Brazil - Apr 04, 2012
- Power-starved Punjab goes for 'green computing' - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: access control system, authentication protocols, challenge response, chap authentication, cisco systems, device applications, draft rfc, information exchange, latest addition, modular architecture, networked devices, networking gear, newest addition, oehler, product management, significant impact, system resources, tacacs, terminal access controller