RTN Adds a Media General Affiliate in ProvidenceDecember 30th, 2007 - 12:40 am ICT by admin
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Dec. 27 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Retro Television Network (RTN), which is nationally owned and distributed by Equity Media Holdings Corporation (Nasdaq: EMDA), announced today that it will partner with Media General to bring RTN programming to Providence, RI. The new affiliate, which is the 5th Media General station to sign with RTN, will launch early next year on a digital stream of WJAR, the NBC affiliate in Providence.
“We’re thrilled to be able to bring RTN to Providence and New Bedford,” said Lisa Churchville, General Manager of WJAR. “It’s a fun schedule of programs that we all remember fondly — comfort TV!”
“Media General was an early adopter of RTN and the company continues to sign more affiliates,” said Mark Dvornik, Executive Vice President of RTN. “Our ‘Primetime all the Time’ lineup is exciting for viewers because they are able to enjoy their favorite stars throughout the day, including Ron Howard and Henry Winkler in Happy Days, James Rockford in Rockford Files, Peter Graves in Mission: Impossible, Jack Lord in Hawaii-5-0, Clint Eastwood in Rawhide, David Janssen in The Fugitive, Lorne Greene and Michael Landon in Gunsmoke and Raymond Burr in Perry Mason and Ironside.”
RTN is a television network that provides each affiliate a customized feed with hit shows, in addition to local programming including news, weather and sports. RTN is specifically designed to go on a broadcast digital channel and provides local broadcasters with a way to get ratings and successfully monetize their digital spectrum.
About Equity Media Holdings Corporation
Equity Media Holdings Corporation (Nasdaq: EMDA) is a growing broadcaster with multiple sources of revenue and value in its operations that include its Broadcast Station Group, Spectrum Holdings Division and Broadcast Services Division. Equity Media is one of the largest owners and operators of television stations in the United States, currently owning stations in 41 markets that cover more than 32% of the U.S. population. It is the second largest affiliate group of the top ranked Univision and Telefutura networks, two networks driven by the growth of the Hispanic population in the U.S. Equity Media’s proprietary Centralized Automated Satellite Hub (C.A.S.H.) system and Retro Television Network provide centralized content distribution services, which Equity Media believes are unique within the media industry.
For more information, please visit www.EMDAholdings.com.
All trademarks acknowledged.
- Send2Press Entertainment and Technology Weekly News Summary: Jan. 4, 2008 - Jan 09, 2008
- High definition coverage for Commonwealth Games - Aug 25, 2010
- Reliance MediaWorks to provide digital video library - Oct 01, 2011
- 'Digital transmission in four metros from July' - Mar 14, 2012
- News Corporation’s STAR Launches 7-Channels On Bell Fibe TV - Nov 24, 2010
- Reliance MediaWorks in expansion mode with south India focus - Feb 01, 2012
- Alva Brothers to launch lifestyle channels - Nov 25, 2010
- BBC to reconsider Asian Network closure plans - Mar 15, 2011
- Reliance Mediaworks get Rs.605 crore private equity funding - Jul 18, 2012
- Penthouse set to launch world's first 3D porn TV channel - Mar 01, 2011
- More people watched Games opening than royal wedding - Aug 07, 2012
- Strike hits AIR, Doordarshan operations in Orissa - Nov 23, 2010
- Centre approves new HITS policy - Nov 12, 2009
- Government okays guidelines for digital cable services (Lead) - Nov 12, 2009
- Cabinet clears digitisation of TV broadcasts - Oct 13, 2011
Tags: broadcast services, broadcast station, clint eastwood, clint eastwood in rawhide, david janssen, digital spectrum, digital stream, emda, gunsmoke, henry winkler, jack lord, lorne greene, michael landon, nbc affiliate, perry mason, peter graves, raymond burr, retro television, station group