CA BOOM V: The West Coast Design Show - Media Overview and Calendar ListingFebruary 1st, 2008 - 4:30 am ICT by admin
SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Jan. 24 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Highly anticipated annual design show in Southern California hosts largest event to date in March 2008. CA BOOM V features new modern kitchen and bath section, industry-leader prefab exhibition, design + architecture home tours and unprecedented panel discussions.
NEW FEATURES FOR CA BOOM V
* MODERN KITCHEN & BATH SECTION. For the first time outside of a kitchen industry tradeshow, Poliform, Kohler, CHR/Scavolini, New York Loft, Valcucine/Dom, CaesarStone, Liebherr, Advanced Concrete Enhancement, Tonusa, Neo-Metro and more, exhibit at CA Boom’s newest exhibitor section.
* “THE FOUR WOMEN OF PREFAB” PANEL DISCUSSION featuring prominent prefab architects Michelle Kaufmann, Jennifer Siegal and Rocio Romero, and moderated by Allison Arieff, the former editor-in-chief of DWELL magazine.
* MANY NEW INTERNATIONAL BRANDS JOIN THE SHOW including Poliform, Scavolini, Dellarobbia, Knoll, Valcucine, CaesarStone, Magis, Lafer, Bentley Prince Street, New York Loft, Liebherr, Rocio Romero and more. Big name brands returning to the show include Herman Miller, Fleetwood, Neo-Metro, and Nana Wall Systems, among others.
* JULIUS SHULMAN PARTICIPATES IN THE MEET AND GREET AND BOOK SIGNING OF “DREAM HOMES LOS ANGELES.” Panache Partners, LLC releases its latest issue of impressive coffee table books and hosts a book signing and meet n’ greet on Sunday, March 16. Approximately 20 of the book’s featured architects - including renowned contributing photographer, Julius Shulman, architects Gwynne Pugh, Larry Scarpa, and Ted Tanaka among others. - will be in attendance at Barker Hangar.
* “POST-HURRICANE KATRINA: ARCHITECTURE, ART & DESIGN IN NEW ORLEANS” PANEL DISCUSION. Organizer Jonathan Ferrara of “New Orleans Artists in Exile” teams with CA Boom Show Manager, Charles Trotter, to present a panel discussion about the current state of New Orleans, LA as it relates to the design industry. The discussion, accompanied by a series of display images is scheduled for Friday, March 14.
* SHOW’S LARGEST VARIETY OF EXHIBITION HALL DISCIPLINES TO DATE. CA Boom V groups related products and services by discipline including: international design manufacturers, national & regional manufacturers, studio furniture, home accessories, modern parenting, modern prefab, indoor/outdoor living, surfaces & finishes and building accessories.
CA BOOM FAVORITES RETURN
* CA BOOM DESIGN + ARCHITECTURE TOURS. These highly anticipated home tours spotlight some of the most exciting, new or recently completed projects in three of the surrounding Westside neighborhoods, with a different featured neighborhood each day: Pacific Palisades Tour on Friday March 14, West Los Angeles Tour on Saturday, March 15 and the Beach Cities Tour of Santa Monica and Venice on Sunday March 16. The tours showcase work by many of LA’s best non-traditional architects and designers including Neil Denari, AIA, Jennifer Siegal, Gray Matter Architecture, Felderman Keatinge + Associates, and Built Inc., among others. Attendees tour five residential projects per day and meet the actual architects or designers of the residences. Tour tickets include expo hall entrance fee.
* CA BOOM MODERN PREFAB ZONE. Showing for a third time at CA Boom, the Prefab Zone features projects on site from renowned architects Rocio Romero, LLC, Alchemy Architects/Wee House, H-Haus, Lindal Cedar Homes, Inc., Living Homes, and Sander Architects, among others.
* CA Boom’s Famous Trade Floor Party, Friday March 14, 2008 7:30PM - 10:30PM gives attendees the opportunity to visit the exhibits and meet many of the tour architects, their staff and clients. Much of the design community turns out to see the show at this event. The $50 price includes - open bar, appetizers, exhibit viewing and DJ entertainment.
SHOW DATES & TIMES
March 14-16, 2008
* Friday: 11am - 5pm (trade only);
* Saturday: 11am - 6pm
* Sunday: 11am - 5pm
Friday Show Floor Party
* 7:30 - 10:30pm
Architecture + Design Home Tours
* Friday, March 14, 2008 - Pacific Palisades Tour: 11:30am - 2:30pm
* Saturday, March 15, 2008 - West Los Angeles Tour: 11:30am - 2:30pm
* Sunday, March 16, 2008 - Beach Cities Tour (Santa Monica & Venice): 11:30am - 2:30pm
Santa Monica Airport
3021 Airport Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90405
* Exhibition Hall: $20/ day
* Design + Architecture Tours: $75/ day
* Three-Day Tour Pass (includes exhibit hall) $205
More information: .
All trademarks acknowledged.
TAGS: , ,
Tags: boom, california hosts, design architecture, exhibition design, industry leader, jan 24, kitchen and bath, media overview, modern kitchen, new features, panel discussions, santa monica, southern california, west coast design