Zara Phillips banned from selling wedding photosJuly 30th, 2011 - 3:59 am ICT by IANS
London, July 30 (IANS) Queen Elizabeth II’s granddaughter Zara Phillips, who is set to marry her rugby star boyfriend Mike Tindall, was forced to turn down a wedding deal worth about $1 million after the Buckingham Palace vetoed it.
Zara will marry the England rugby star in Edinburgh Saturday but photographs from the event will not be published in celebrity magazine Hello! as expected as she has been advised that the ceremony should remain a “private, family affair”, reports dailymail.co.uk.
“The decision has gone down like a lead balloon with Zara as she feels she should be able to do what she likes with her wedding,”said a source close to the bride-to-be, who lives with her fiance in Cheltenham.
“She believes that because she is a private individual without a title, who does not “sponge” off the public purse, she should be able to sell the rights to her wedding,” the source added.
- Queen's granddaughter to marry soon - Dec 21, 2010
- Zara Phillips gets engaged - Dec 22, 2010
- Another Royal Gets Engaged: Zara Phillips - Dec 23, 2010
- Another Royal Affair: Zara Phillips, The British Queen's Granddaughter, Becomes Engaged To Mike Tindall - Dec 23, 2010
- Zara Phillips shrugs off Mike Tindall claims - Sep 19, 2011
- Hathaway delays wedding for work - Apr 16, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter makes Olympic debut - Jul 29, 2012
- Zara Phillips And Mike Tindall Calls For Another Royal wedding - Dec 22, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren wants Wills-Kat to perform second 'private' wedding - Apr 25, 2011
- Houston's mother, daughter lead mourners - Feb 18, 2012
- US bride-to-be suing runaway groom for $100K - Dec 14, 2010
- Peaches Geldof gets engaged again - Dec 12, 2011
- I can't be as big as Jessica: Snooki - Apr 28, 2012
- Drogba to run in Olympic torch relay - May 23, 2012
- Woman faces murderous attack after calling off marriage - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: boyfriend mike, buckingham palace, celebrity magazine, cheltenham, edinburgh, elizabeth ii, england rugby, family affair, fiance, granddaughter, lead balloon, magazine hello, mike tindall, private family, private individual, public purse, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, wedding photos, zara phillips