YSR’s son elected to Lok SabhaMay 16th, 2009 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 16 (IANS) Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, son of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, Saturday won the Kadapa Lok Sabha seat with a huge majority of over 100,000 votes.
Jaganmohan, an industrialist, defeated P. Srikanth Reddy of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) by over 179,000 votes.
The Congress retained the seat. Rajasekhara Reddy’s brother Y.S. Vivekananda Reddy was elected from Kadapa in the 2004 parliamentary elections.
This was the first election for the 37-year-old Jaganmohan, who also runs Sakshi TV channel and Sakshi Telugu daily.
- YSR's son, widow win by-elections by record margins (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- YSR's son retains Kadapa with record majority - May 13, 2011
- YSR's widow retains Pulivendula, Jagan heads for huge win (Second Lead) - May 13, 2011
- YSR's widow, son head towards huge wins (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- About 70 percent voting in Andhra by-polls (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Peaceful polling in Andhra by-polls (Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Campaigning ends for Kadapa by-elections - May 06, 2011
- Over 65 percent voting in Andhra by-polls (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Congress-YSR Congress face-off in Kadappa Sunday - May 07, 2011
- YSR Congress Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha, 14 assembly seats (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- YSR's son, widow lead in by-elections - May 13, 2011
- Polling begins in Andhra by-polls - May 08, 2011
- Jaganmohan Reddy: Man in hurry to be chief minister (Profile) - Nov 29, 2010
- Jagan challenges Congress for snap poll - May 14, 2011
- YSR Congress elated over first win outside Kadapa - Mar 21, 2012