YSR Congress cries conspiracy over Jagan’s arrestJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:36 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) YSR Congress chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy’s mother Y.S. Vijayamma Wednesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here to allege that there was a conspiracy against her son over his arrest in the disproportionate wealth case. She also feared that his security had been compromised.
Vijayamma, the working president of the party, said a senior CBI officer in Hyderabad was being used by her son’s detractors to target him and sought a judicial probe into the entire episode.
The YSR Congress legislator from Pulivendula in Andhra Pradesh submitted a letter listing her grouse over Jaganmohan’s arrest and the alleged conspiracies against him.
Jagan floated the YSR Congress about a year ago after snapping ties with the Congress.
Pouring out her anguish to Manmohan Singh, Vijayamma alleged that there was a “greater conspiracy” to harass Jaganmohan and that a joint director-level CBI officer was acting with “ulterior motive” against her son.
“I also told the prime minister that taking the name of Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy in the FIR was a wrong move. I also asked him what was the mistake done by Jagan?
“Why was he arrested when he was just accused number 51 in the case? I also asked him why Jagan and his associates are being harassed?” she later told reporters here.
“We request you to order a probe by a sitting judge of the Supreme Court and also CVC into the manner in which the CBI and its official are acting with ulterior motives against Jaganmohan Reddy and the vengeance with which it is being done,” Vijayamma said in the letter.
She told the prime minister that she feared for the security of Jaganmohan and that the CBI official was deliberately leaking information on her son’s movement from the prison to the courts for hearings, apart from planting false stories against him in the rival media.
- Jagan's mother continues protest against son's arrest - May 28, 2012
- Congress has no role in Jagan's arrest: Andhra chief minister - May 28, 2012
- Jagan's mother hits out at Sonia Gandhi for arrest - May 27, 2012
- Election panel refuses to intervene in Jagan's case - May 29, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case, party calls for Andhra shutdown (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Jagan's mother, wife arrested - May 28, 2012
- YSR's son, widow win by-elections by record margins (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- YSR Congress Party bags 8 assembly seats, leading in 7 (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Another legislator quits Congress, two more call on Jagan's mother - May 31, 2012
- CBI summons Jagan for questioning May 25 - May 23, 2012
- Jagan sent to jail for 14 days in assets case (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case - May 27, 2012
- We were thrown out of Congress, says YSR's widow - Dec 05, 2011
- Jagan's mother to campaign in by-elections - May 28, 2012
- Congress intensifies attack on Jagan in by-poll campaign - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: anguish, cbi, congress chief, conspiracies, detractors, director level, fir, grouse, jagan, judicial probe, legislator, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rival media, ulterior motives, vengeance, wealth case, ysr