YSR assumes office as Andhra chief minister for second termJune 3rd, 2009 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 3 (IANS) Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Wednesday assumed office as chief minister of Andhra Pradesh for the second consecutive term.
YSR, as he is popularly known, reached the state secretariat, and formally took charge in the chief minister’s office by signing a file.
Thirteen days after he took oath as the chief minister, the 60-year-old leader reached his office to a rousing reception by his cabinet colleagues, chief secretary Ramakanth Reddy and the secretariat employees.
Hindu, Christian and Muslim priests blessed the chief minister in his office and prayed for his good health and success.
Though YSR took oath at a public function May 20, he had been attending to his official work from his camp office in Begumpet.
A week after taking the oath, he along with his family members visited Israel on a five-day pilgrimage to Christian holy places and offered thanksgiving prayers for his Congress party’s victory in the April elections.
YSR became the first Congress chief minister in three decades to retain power.
The Congress party won 156 seats in 294-member assembly and also bagged 33 out of the 42 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
- Kiran Kumar not to have deputy chief minister (Night Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- YSR's brother among 39 Andhra ministers sworn in - Dec 01, 2010
- YSR's brother among 39 Andhra ministers sworn in (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- Jagan arrested in assets case - May 27, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra's former chief secretary - Feb 03, 2012
- YSR Congress Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha, 14 assembly seats (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- YSR leaves for pilgrimage to Israel - May 27, 2009
- YSR Congress elated over first win outside Kadapa - Mar 21, 2012
- Nominations of main candidates in Kadapa in order - Apr 19, 2011
- All set for swearing-in of new Andhra cabinet - Nov 30, 2010
- YSR takes oath as Andhra Pradesh chief minister (Lead) - May 20, 2009
- Another IAS officer appears before CBI in Jagan case - Feb 04, 2012
- Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jail - Jun 16, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan for fourth day - Jun 06, 2012
- Congress in dilemma over YSR legacy (Andhra Newsletter) - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: cabinet colleagues, chief minister, chief secretary, congress party, family members, good health, hindu, holy places, june 3, lok sabha seats, member assembly, muslim priests, pilgrimage, rousing reception, second term, secretariat, state secretariat, thanksgiving prayers, thirteen days, three decades