Youngest candidate in Jharkhand is also the richestApril 5th, 2009 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 5 (IANS) Saurabh Narayan Singh is the youngest candidate for the Lok Sabha elections from Jharkhand. He is also the richest candidate in the fray.
In the declaration given to the Election Commission, Singh, 31, says he owns assets over Rs.85 crore (Rs.850 million).
He has property worth Rs.75 crore (Rs.750 million) in Hazaribagh and Padma, Rs.40 lakh (Rs.4 million) worth of jewellery and Rs.42.5 lakh (Rs.4.2 million) in cash.
He also owns immovable property at Patna and Delhi worth Rs.10 crore (Rs.100 million). Congress nominee Singh is the scion of the royal family of Padma Estate in Hazaribagh district.
Singh, who became a legislator at the age of 27, will take on former union minister and Bharatiya Janata Party leader Yashwant Sinha.
Sinha has declared assets worth Rs.3.57 crore (Rs.35.7 million). Union Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Rameshwar Oraon and his wife have declared assets worth Rs.2.35 crore (Rs.23.5 million). Oraon is seeking re-election from Lohardaga seat.
- PM's assets around Rs.10.73 crore - Sep 09, 2012
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Not bought assets after becoming chief minister: Jayalalithaa - Sep 05, 2011
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Owning resorts to companies, Kamal Nath richest minister - Sep 03, 2011
- Prime Minister's key ministers and their assets - Sep 03, 2011
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Trinamool's Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- Nitish, Bihar ministers declare assets - Jan 03, 2012
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
- Rabri Devi's assets - 62 cows and 42 calves - Oct 10, 2010
- Hisar's main contestants record massive hike in properties - Oct 12, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief, wife file nominations for same seat - Mar 28, 2011
- Manipur legislators have whooping assets - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, crore, election commission, immovable property, jharkhand, lakh, lok sabha elections, minister of state, narayan, oraon, padma, party leader, patna, property worth rs, ranchi, royal family, rs 42, saurabh, tribal affairs, union minister