Young MPs give Rahul credit for Congress winMay 17th, 2009 - 1:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) A day after the people’s verdict in favour of the Congress, the party’s young MPs Sunday credited its stunning performance to general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Sachin Pilot, Congress’ newly elected MP from Alwar, said: “Congress’ good show in the general elections is because of Rahul Gandhi’s efforts.”
Pilot, who was in the capital to attend the meeting of the party Sunday, added that it was Rahul Gandhi’s hard work that had helped “attract youth voters”.
“The Congress party will give a dynamic, stable and functional government under the leadership of Manmohan Singh.”
Jitin Prasada, Congress MP from Dhaurahra in Uttar Pradesh, also gave the young Gandhi credit.
“The party’s spectacular performance in Uttar Pradesh is because of Rahul Gandhi’s work. The people in Uttar Pradesh rejected caste based politics and supported development”.
“We are confident of winning the next state assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.”
Besides Pilot and Prasada, several youth leaders like Jyotiraditya Scindia, Milind Deora, Deepender Hooda, Ashok Tanwar, Meenakshi Natarajan and Bhanwar Jitendra Singh emerged victorious in these elections.
- Congress' young MPs set for bigger role - Aug 29, 2011
- Young Congress MPs nuance Congress stance on Hazare fast - Aug 26, 2011
- More Rahul men move into Manmohan Singh ministry - Jul 12, 2011
- Young Congress MPs protest BJP's delay on Lokpal debate - Aug 26, 2011
- Attacks on Uttar Pradesh protesters wrong: BJP - Nov 14, 2011
- Performance of young MPs sub-par in monsoon session - Sep 11, 2011
- More ministers tasked to articulate government's position better - Dec 02, 2011
- Congress distances itself from media regulation bill - May 01, 2012
- Rahul to open mega Youth Congress show in Delhi (Lead) - Nov 26, 2011
- Oust BSP, Rahul urges Uttar Pradesh youth; Mayawati hits back - Nov 14, 2011
- Age triumphs over youth in Manmohan's new ministry - May 27, 2009
- No major surprises in Sonia's new team of office-bearers - Mar 05, 2011
- Jayant, Rahul woo first-time voters, Gen Next - Feb 22, 2012
- Congress on massive recruitment drive in Bihar among youth - Feb 14, 2010
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: alwar, ashok, assembly elections, bhanwar, congress party, general elections, jitendra, manmohan, manmohan singh, meenakshi, natarajan, prasada, rahul gandhi, s young, sachin pilot, scindia, spectacular performance, state assembly, stunning performance, youth leaders