Yeddyurappa’s anticipatory bail plea rejected (Lead)June 13th, 2012 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 13 (IANS) In a severe jolt to former Karnataka chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here Wednesday rejected his anticipatory bail plea in the mining bribery case.
CBI court judge D.R. Venkat Sudarshan also rejected anticipatory bail pleas of Yeddyurappa’s two sons, B.Y. Raghavendra and B.Y. Vijayendra, and son-in-law R. Sohan Kumar.
Raghavendra is Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Lok Sabha member from Karnataka.
With the rejection of the plea, the CBI can arrest Yeddyurappa and kin, though his lawyers said they will move the high court for bail.
The mining bribery case is being probed by the CBI on the directive of the Supreme Court.
Yeddyurappa and his kin are accused of taking kickbacks from mining companies in return for favours.
Yeddyurappa, BJP’s first chief minister in Karnataka, was forced to quit in July last year over the same issue brought out by the Lokayukta (ombudsman).
- Court allows Yeddyurappa to travel outside Bangalore - Aug 14, 2012
- Yeddyurappa, kin get anticipatory bail in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Yeddyurappa relieved over anticipatory bail - Jun 21, 2012
- CBI grills Yeddyurappa in mining bribery case - Jul 08, 2012
- Yeddyurapa's graft trial to continue: Court (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Bribery charges against Yeddyurappa need probe: Panel - Mar 29, 2012
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail in graft case - Jun 21, 2012
- Yeddyurappa told to appear in court in corruption case - Feb 04, 2012
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail as graft case adjourned (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- Another probe ordered against Yeddyurappa - Oct 26, 2011
- Yeddyurappa granted anticipatory bail in graft case - Sep 15, 2011
- SC refuses to interfere with Yeddyurappa's anticipatory bail (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Yeddyurappa's graft probe picks up pace - Aug 22, 2011
- Yeddyurappa to appear in court as bail plea rejected - Aug 29, 2011
- Appear in court March 24 or face arrest, Yeddyurappa told - Mar 05, 2012
Tags: bail plea, bail pleas, bharatiya janata party, bjp, bribery case, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, court judge, favours, jolt, karnataka chief minister, kickbacks, lok sabha member, mining companies, ombudsman, raghavendra, rejection, sohan, venkat, vijayendra