Yeddyurappa told to appear in court in corruption caseFebruary 4th, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 4 (IANS) Former Karnataka chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa, his two sons, son-in-law and a former minister were Saturday told by a court to appear before it March 3 over corruption and illegal lands deals case.
The five have been accused of colluding to get prime land in Bangalore freed from government control for monetary gains during Yeddyurappa’s chief ministership (May 2008-July 2011).
Lokayukta (ombudsman) court judge N.K. Sudhindra Rao, hearing the case, Saturday issued summons to Yeddyurappa, his two sons B.Y. Raghavendra and B.Y. Vijayendra, son-in-law R. N. Sohan Kumar, and former minister S. N. Krishnaiah Setty.
Raghavendra is Bharatiya Janata Party Lok Sabha member.
This is one of the five cases of corruption and illegal land deals filed against Yeddyurappa and his kin by a Bangalore-based advocate Sirajin Bhasha.
In two of them, Yedddyurappa was in jail for 21 days in October-November last year and has got bail. In the three other cases he has got anticipatory bail. His kin had secured anticipatory bail in all the five cases.
- Appear in court March 24 or face arrest, Yeddyurappa told - Mar 05, 2012
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail as graft case adjourned (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- Yeddyurapa's graft trial to continue: Court (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Yeddyurappa may be back in jail Tuesday, seeks bail - Oct 17, 2011
- Court extends Yeddyurappa's jail stay till Nov 3 - Oct 22, 2011
- Yeddyurappa's jail stay continues, bail hearing Monday - Oct 21, 2011
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail, bail hearing resumes Friday - Oct 20, 2011
- Yeddyurappa back in jail, gets AC cell - Oct 19, 2011
- Yeddyurappa faces another graft case - Oct 19, 2011
- Yeddyurappa skips court, told to appear Sep 17 - Sep 13, 2011
- Yeddyurappa can be questioned in corruption cases: Court (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Yeddyurappa fails to get anticipatory bail - Aug 26, 2011
- Yeddyurappa avoids jail, moves to another hospital - Oct 18, 2011
- Yeddyurappa to appear in court as bail plea rejected - Aug 29, 2011
- Another probe ordered against Yeddyurappa - Oct 26, 2011
Tags: advocate, bharatiya janata party, chief ministership, colluding, corruption case, court judge, government control, karnataka chief minister, lok sabha member, lokayukta, monetary gains, ombudsman, prime land, raghavendra, setty, sohan, summons, vijayendra