Yeddyurappa skips court, told to appear Sep 17September 13th, 2011 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 13 (IANS) Former Karnataka chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa Tuesday skipped appearance in a court here in a graft case and was directed by the judge to ensure his presence for the next hearing Sep 17.
Yeddyurappa’s counsel told special Lokayukta (ombudsman) court Judge N.K. Sudhindra Rao that the former chief minister could not appear Tuesday because of prior commitments.
Rao adjourned the hearing after directing that Yeddyurappa should be present in the court Sep 17.
Yeddyurappa’s two sons, B.Y. Raghavendra and B.Y. Vijayendra, son-in-law R. Sohan Kumar, and several other co-accused in the case, were, however, present in the court.
Raghavendra is the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Lok Sabha member from Shimoga, about 280 km from Bangalore.
The case was filed by two Bangalore advocates in January after they received sanction from Governor H.R. Bhardwaj to prosecute Yeddyurappa for denotifying land, flouting rules and for monetary gains.
The advocates, Sirajin Bhasha and N.K. Balraj, have charged Yeddyurappa, his kin and several others of colluding to denotify the lands in return for monetary benefits.
- Yeddyurappa told to appear in court in corruption case - Feb 04, 2012
- Yeddyurappa graft case hearing put off till Sep 13 - Sep 08, 2011
- Lokayukta raids house, offices of Yeddyurappa's kin - Sep 20, 2011
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail, bail hearing resumes Friday - Oct 20, 2011
- Yeddyurappa may be back in jail Tuesday, seeks bail - Oct 17, 2011
- Yeddyurappa back in jail, gets AC cell - Oct 19, 2011
- Court extends Yeddyurappa's jail stay till Nov 3 - Oct 22, 2011
- Yeddyurappa's jail stay continues, bail hearing Monday - Oct 21, 2011
- Yeddyurappa faces another graft case - Oct 19, 2011
- Yeddyurappa to appear in court as bail plea rejected - Aug 29, 2011
- Yeddyurappa appears in trial court, seeks bail - Aug 29, 2011
- Court summons Yeddyurappa in graft case (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Yeddyurapa's graft trial to continue: Court (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Yeddyurappa avoids jail, moves to another hospital - Oct 18, 2011
- Yeddyurappa: Clerk to chief minister to undertrial No.10462 - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: advocates, appearance, bangalore, bharatiya janata party, colluding, commitments, court judge, flouting, graft case, karnataka chief minister, lok sabha member, monetary benefits, monetary gains, ombudsman, raghavendra, rao, sanction, shimoga, sohan, vijayendra