Yeddyurappa can be questioned in corruption cases: Court (Lead)July 21st, 2011 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 21 (IANS) In a major setback to Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa, the Karnataka High Court Thursday allowed police to question him and his kin on corruption charges and illegal land deal cases.
Justice K.N. Keshavanarayana cancelled the stay he had ordered on the trial court proceedings in the five cases filed against Yeddyurappa, his two sons, son-in-law and others.
The court ruling spells further trouble for Yeddyurappa, who is abroad at present, with the Lokayukta also naming him as amongst those involved in illegal mining in the state.
The judge had granted the stay in March on a petition by Yeddyurappa’s son-in-law R. Sohan Kumar challenging the trial court ordering police to probe five complaints against the chief minister, his kin and others.
The five complaints were filed in January by two Bangalore advocates Sirajin Bhasha and K.N. Balaraj after Governor H.R. Bhardwaj granted them permission to file criminal cases against Yeddyurappa and others on charges of corruption and illegal land deals.
Besides Yeddyurappa, the advocates have named his two sons, B.Y. Raghavendra and B.Y. Vijayendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and several others in their complaints.
Raghavendra is a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Lok Sabha member.
- Yeddyurapa's graft trial to continue: Court (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Yeddyurappa told to appear in court in corruption case - Feb 04, 2012
- Yeddyurappa faces another graft case - Oct 19, 2011
- Court summons Yeddyurappa in graft case (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail as graft case adjourned (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- Yeddyurappa skips court, told to appear Sep 17 - Sep 13, 2011
- Anticipatory bail for Yeddyurappa in another graft case - Nov 29, 2011
- No relief to Yeddyurappa over corruption complaints - Feb 26, 2011
- High court stays proceedings against Yeddyurappa - Apr 01, 2011
- Double blow for Yeddyurappa: Faces illegal mining charge, court case (Roundup) - Jul 21, 2011
- Yeddyurappa may be back in jail Tuesday, seeks bail - Oct 17, 2011
- Summons for Yeddyurappa in graft case, jail for ex-minister (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Court extends Yeddyurappa's jail stay till Nov 3 - Oct 22, 2011
- Yeddyurappa back in jail, gets AC cell - Oct 19, 2011
- Yeddyurappa's jail stay continues, bail hearing Monday - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: advocates, bharatiya janata party, bhardwaj, bjp, chief minister, corruption cases, corruption charges, karnataka high court, land deals, lok sabha member, lokayukta, major setback, petition, raghavendra, sohan, trial court proceedings, vijayendra