Yasin Malik weds his Pakistani girlfriendFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Rawalpindi, Feb 22 (IANS) Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik Sunday married his Britain-born Pakistani girlfriend Mushaal Mullick in this Pakistani garrison city.
The marriage ceremony was attended by a number well known people, including politicians, Pakistan’s Geo TV reported.
Mullick, a post-graduate from the London School of Economics and an artist, is the daughter of Rehana Hussain, chief of the Muslim League (women’s wing). Her father, the late M.A. Hussain Malik, was an internationally renowned Pakistani economist.
Yasin Malik, 40, chairman of the pro-independence Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front, met Mushaal during one of his tours to Pakistan two years ago.
The wedding dates were fixed during Malik’s current visit to Pakistan. The couple got engaged Oct 24 when the JKLF leader was in detention for launching a poll boycott campaign in Kashmir.
It was the third high-profile cross-border wedding in the Kashmiri separatist camp after Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, who married a US citizen of Kashmiri origin, and Sajjad Ghani Lone, who wed the daughter of JKLF supremo Amanullah Khan from Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
- Yasin Malik to marry Pakistani girlfriend Feb 22 - Feb 17, 2009
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Khar in Delhi - Jul 26, 2011
- Kashmir participation must in India-Pakistan dialogue: Geelani - Jul 26, 2011
- Love in Kashmir? Not for the valley's political elite - Sep 08, 2009
- Kashmir must join India-Pakistan dialogue: Separatists (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Sajjad Lone defends separatists silence over killing of Kashmiri girls - Feb 01, 2011
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 23, 2010
- Pakistan presses India to share Abu Jindal evidence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Kashmir separatists meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 24, 2010
- JKLF protests Kashmir 'killings, arrests', Malik detained - Mar 11, 2011
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Yasin Malik wants judicial probe into valley unrest deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Khar wants result oriented dialogue on Kashmir - Jul 26, 2011
- Only dialogue can solve Kashmir problem: Jethmalani - Jun 02, 2011
- Geelani, Mirwaiz detained in Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 24, 2010
Tags: amanullah khan, boycott campaign, cross border, garrison city, geo tv, ghani, jammu, jklf, kashmir, league women, liberation front, london school of economics, malik, marriage ceremony, muslim league, poll boycott, post graduate, separatist leader, umar farooq, wedding dates