Would consider security to Advani’s yatra: ChidambaramSeptember 30th, 2011 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) With Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani to begin a nationwide ‘rath yatra’ Oct 11, Home Minister P. Chidambaram Friday said he would consider if a request for security is made by his party.
“Providing security along the route that Advani takes (during the yatra) is the responsibility of the state government. But if there is any specific request, we will certainly look into it,” Chidambaram told a press conference here.
He was asked if the central government considered providing security to Advani’s yatra.
“Well, I do not know the route the yatra is going to take and I cannot recollect (receiving) any letter requesting to provide security,” he said.
- Nitish to flag off Advani's 'rath yatra' - Sep 23, 2011
- Advani to launch 'yatra' against graft - Sep 08, 2011
- Advani only wants to be PM, says Congress - Oct 11, 2011
- Advani slams government inaction on graft, black money - Sep 12, 2011
- Now, Karnataka governor takes a dig at Advani yatra - Oct 24, 2011
- Law of diminishing returns dogged Advani's yatra: Analysts - Nov 19, 2011
- Congress slams BJP for admitting Kushwaha - Jan 04, 2012
- Advani yatra: BJP non-committal on Yeddyurappa's role - Oct 13, 2011
- Thackeray warns Modi against pampering Muslims - Oct 20, 2011
- Advani keeps PM candidature option open (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Congress takes dig at Advani over yatra - Sep 13, 2011
- Advani hints he may not be PM candidate in 2014 - Sep 21, 2011
- Bomb plotters should be located: Advani - Oct 29, 2011
- Advani's 'yatra' not for PM's post: Gadkari - Sep 29, 2011
- A modified bus will be Advani's 'rath' - Oct 04, 2011