World Cup shaped bouquet for Diskhit’s birthdayMarch 30th, 2011 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) With the World Cup being the flavour of the season, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will be presented a 6-foot tall bouquet shaped like the prized cup on her birthday Thursday.
Dikshit, born March 31, 1938, will complete 72 Thursday.
“The bouquet which is in the shape of the World Cup is 6 feet tall and has flowers like imported lilies, gerberas, and roses. It weighs around 50 kg and the flowers have been joined with leaves and stems,” Shiv Kumar Tiwari, owner of Tiwari Florist in Connaught Place that is providing the bouquet, told IANS.
The bouquet costs Rs.20,000 and was ordered by a Congress member who does not wish to be named.
- Missing RTI activist traced - Mar 03, 2012
- Missing RTI activist traced (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Love sells -- Valentine's Week is Rs.12,000 cr business - Feb 13, 2011
- 20-foot trees to adorn aisle for Will-Kate wedding - Apr 27, 2011
- Delhi flower mart is a feast for the senses (Feature) - Aug 08, 2010
- World Cup spreads fragrance in Lucknow - Mar 03, 2011
- Kate Middleton to walk down tree lined aisle inside Westminster Abbey - Apr 27, 2011
- Bieber fills Gomez's house with flowers - Feb 22, 2011
- Hapur, a hub of flower, vegetable production - Feb 11, 2010
- Award-winning flower-grower gives new dimension to floriculture in Jharkhand - Feb 12, 2011
- Chinese minority celebrates own Valentine's Day - Apr 06, 2012
- Courts rejects BJP legislator's plea in Dikshit case - Apr 19, 2012
- Court defers hearing over Dikshit - Feb 23, 2012
- Petrol pump owners intensify struggle for uniform VAT rates for diesel - May 20, 2010
- Connaught Place to remain dug up for another year - Jul 15, 2011