World Bank invites Chouhan to WashingtonJune 23rd, 2011 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 23 (IANS) The World Bank has invited Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to its headquarters in Washington DC for discussion about the development works he has initiated, officials said.
According to a statement issued by the Madhya Pradesh government, World Bank Managing Director Ngozi Okonjo Iweala has written to Chouhan expressing the World Bank’s interest in hearing about Madhya Pradesh’s development experience specially regarding development of women and children.
She has also underlined the World Bank’s intention for expanding engagement with Madhya Pradesh in a range of sectors. The World Bank holds that the innovations and learning need to be spread.
Referring to the recent visit of World Bank’s delegation, Iweala appreciated the vision of chief minister regarding integrated development schemes for ending malnourishment among children and empowerment of women.
She has mentioned about her experience of field visits in Raisen district to have first hand information and experience regarding innovative development schemes specially for women and children.
- Sri Lanka no more underdeveloped country: World Bank - Dec 17, 2010
- Three candidates vie for World Bank presidency - Mar 24, 2012
- World Bank chooses U.S. candidate Jim Yong Kim as new president - Apr 18, 2012
- Profiles of candidates for World Bank president - Mar 24, 2012
- Jim Yong Kim is new World Bank president - Apr 17, 2012
- Market-based growth is new World Bank chief's focus - Apr 17, 2012
- US monopoly on World Bank presidency challenged (Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- World Bank needs reform: Colombian candidate - Apr 03, 2012
- World Bank aid to Madhya Pradesh for improving higher education - Nov 04, 2011
- World Bank chief should be selected on merit: BRICS - Mar 29, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh youth to get Youth Commission - Jan 13, 2012
- 'Madhya Pradesh tribe's children suffer acute malnutrition' - Dec 06, 2010
- India says no BRICS candidate for World Bank - Mar 26, 2012
- Chouhan wants panel to assess pollution around Union Carbide - Jan 05, 2012
- NRIs unhappy with Chouhan's absence from diaspora event - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: bhopal, chief minister, delegation, development experience, development schemes, empowerment, government world, innovations, innovative development, integrated development, intention, june 23, madhya pradesh government, malnourishment, managing director, ngozi okonjo iweala, sectors, washington dc, world bank