Won’t die till Jan Lokpal bill is passed: HazareAugust 27th, 2011 - 12:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) Activist Anna Hazare Saturday said that he won’t die till the Jan Lokpal Bill was passed and he was getting his energy from people’s support.
Addressing his applauding supporters at the Ramlila Maidan, the 74-year-old said: “I will not die till the Jan Lokpal bill is passed, it is the 12th day of the fast, but I get to see that day and night you people are struggling for the bill. Entire nation is standing for the cause, that gives me energy.”
“People’ support gives me more energy and doctors are checking me once in an hour. I’m not in danger,” Hazare said.
Meanwhile, doctors examining Hazare expressed worry over his dipping blood pressure and increased heart rate.
“Blood pressure that was earlier steady has come down and his heart rate has increased. The cause of worry is the falling blood pressure,” Naresh Trehan, who is monitoring Hazare’s health along with his team of doctors, told reporters.
Hazare, 74, has been surviving only on water since Aug 16, when he started his fast and was arrested. He was sent to Tihar Jail and was released the same day but he refused to come out. He shifted to Ramlila ground here Aug 19 where he has been continuing his fast.
- Anna stable but weak - Aug 27, 2011
- Anna's health stable but worrisome: doctors (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Anna ends fast, celebrations across the country (Intro Roundup) - Aug 28, 2011
- I won't give up even if I die: Hazare (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Fasting Hazare loses six kg - Aug 25, 2011
- Government blinks, Anna on fast track (Intro Roundup) - Aug 18, 2011
- Day nine: Anna's health deteriorates (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Anna to leave Tihar, hold fast at Ramlila ground (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Government doesn't want strong Lokpal bill: Anna - Aug 24, 2011
- I will die but won't take drips, says Anna - Aug 23, 2011
- Anna says he is fine, thanks media for support - Aug 25, 2011
- Anna to continue his fast at Ramlila ground Friday (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Government bends, Anna to fast at Ramlila ground (Roundup) - Aug 18, 2011
- Anna threatens another fast in August - Jun 08, 2011
- Anna's fast enters ninth day, health deteriorates - Aug 24, 2011