Woman beaten up over posters, criticalApril 7th, 2009 - 2:24 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 7 (IANS) A woman was in critical condition in Jharkhand after being beaten up by All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) activists for refusing to let them paste posters at her tea stall, police said Tuesday.
The woman, identified as Gita, was warded with serious injures at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences here after the attack Monday night by about 20 people.
The attackers wanted to put up posters and banners at the tea stall near Bajartand village, 70 km from here. Gita protested and was beaten up, a police officer said.
A case has been registered against seven members of AJSU and two people have been arrested, Ramgarh Superintendent of Police Homkar Amol Vinukar told IANS over telephone.
- No trace of abducted workers in Jharkhand - Feb 20, 2012
- Woman gangraped, dies in Ranchi hospital - Apr 23, 2012
- Maoists unleash attacks in Jharkhand to avenge arrests (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2010
- Maoists attack police station, blast buildings in Jharkhand (Lead) - Aug 26, 2010
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 27, 2010
- Five die in Jharkhand landmine blast (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Jharkhand train fire: Police disagree with sabotage theory - Nov 23, 2011
- Posters warn women of acid attack for wearing jeans - Aug 07, 2012
- Three killed by suspected Maoists - Jan 23, 2011
- Five landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Dec 16, 2011
- Dhoni casts vote in Jharkhand by-poll - Jun 12, 2012
- Seven Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Aug 14, 2011
- Two women Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - May 19, 2011
- Police superintendent transferred after death in custody - Jan 09, 2010
- Driver killed in police firing in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2012