Will tour the country to awaken people, says HazareAugust 3rd, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) Anna Hazare said Friday that he will tour the entire country in support of anti-corruption movement being launched by his team and this could take shape of a political alternative if people give their support.
Addressing the gathering at Jantar Mantar before ending fast for a strong Lokpal bill, Hazare said leaders who were now making comments about political inklings of his team were the ones who had taunted them to come to parliament to get bills passed.
Hazare said the fight was not merely for Lokpal bill but for “wholesome change”.
“I will keep going on tours, go to people for an alternative. If people are awakened, we will think of an (political) alternative,” he said.
Hazare said if Jan Lokpal bill, drafted by civil society activists, was adopted, it will make a major impact in fighting corruption.
“If Jan Lokpal bill comes, I do not say 100 percent but 65 percent corruption will vanish,” Hazare said.
The activist said his campaign was also aimed at giving power to people at the grassroots level and bringing electoral reforms like right to recall and right to reject.
Referring to the crowds gathered as his family, Hazare called upon people to follow the righteous path.
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- People need political alternative: Anna - Aug 05, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Thousands march towards Jantar Mantar - Aug 17, 2011
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hazare, team end fast; promise people's movement as political alternative (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Team Anna to call off fast Friday, proposes 'political alternative' - Aug 02, 2012
- Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Anna disbands Team Anna, colleagues perplexed (Intro Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Team Anna calls off fast, to form 'political alternative' (Roundup) - Aug 02, 2012
- Thousands join anti-graft crusade as Hazare begins fast (Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- Anna Hazare reaches Rajghat, hundreds join in support - Apr 05, 2011
- Not launching political party: Anna Hazare (Interview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, calls for real 'swaraj' (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Team Anna has hidden agenda, says Narayanasamy - Jul 27, 2012