Will seek support of all concerned: PranabJune 16th, 2012 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 16 (IANS) Union Finance Minister and presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee Saturday reiterated he would seek “the support of all concerned” in his journey to the country’s highest office.
“I’m not yet the president…I’m a nominee for the presidential elections. As a nominee, I have given my reactions yesterday,” Mukherjee said patiently to mediapersons seeking his comment.
Earlier, he was accorded a hero’s welcome by the captains of Indian business and industry as he arrived to attend a conference of the Assocham (Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India) here in the afternoon.
It was his first public engagement after being nominated as a presidential candidate by the United Progressive Alliance Friday.
He reciprocated warmly to the flood of congratulations and later spoke about his concerns over the state of the Indian and global economy.
- Sangma's son congratulates Pranab - Jul 22, 2012
- RBI must adjust monetary policy: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Congress rejects Sangma appeal for debate with Mukherjee (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- India has got a very able president: Somnath - Jul 22, 2012
- PM, Sonia to visit Pranab residence to congratulate him - Jul 22, 2012
- Party will decide on presidential candidate: Pranab - Jun 09, 2012
- Chronology of events to Pranab being named UPA's president candidate - Jun 15, 2012
- Stimulate domestic demand to boost Indian economy: Pranab - Jun 16, 2012
- Congratulations Pranab Da, tweets Omar Abdullah - Jun 15, 2012
- Jethmalani to make up his mind by weekend - Jun 19, 2012
- Congress squeezing Trinamool to get support: BJP - Jul 07, 2012
- No regrets on not becoming PM, says Pranab - Jun 29, 2012
- Pranab tries to woo Trinamool, to resign Sunday - Jun 23, 2012
- Pranab begins campaign, meets Karunanidhi - Jun 30, 2012
- DMK does not expect more ministerial berths: Karunanidhi (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, flood, global economy, hero, indian business, industry of india, journey, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, presidential elections, progressive alliance, public engagement, union finance minister