Will oppose anti-people fuel price hike: SPSeptember 14th, 2012 - 12:21 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 13 (IANS) The Samajwadi Party said the anti-people policies of the Congress-led central government will take the country towards devastation and asserted it would fight the diesel price hike announced Thursday.
“This is nothing but an shameless example of anti-people policies pursued by the Congress. They will take the country towards destruction. The decision is anti-people and we will oppose it,” said party general secretary Kiranmoy Nanda.
The government Thursday announced a hike in diesel price by Rs.five a litre and restricted availability of cooking gas cylinders per family to six per year.The decisions come into effect midnight Thursday.
“The government doesn’t have the guts to face parliament. That is why they are increasing the fuel prices when the parliament is not in session,” said Nanda.
- Left Front condemns diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Would have been happy to withdraw support, says angry Mamata (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Would have been happy to withdraw support, says angry Mamata - Sep 13, 2012
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- CPI-M threatens nation-wide protest against diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Hold your horses, Bengal minister tells taxi, bus owners (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- Why is Mukul Roy absent from cabinet meetings, asks Congress - Sep 14, 2012
- Government hikes diesel price by Rs.five a litre (Second lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Government hikes diesel price by Rs.five a litre (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Odisha protests diesel price hike, cap on cooking gas - Sep 14, 2012
- Congress should seek people's verdict on FDI: Mamata - Sep 20, 2012
- Left parties slam fuel price hike, threaten stir - Jun 24, 2011
- Roll back diesel hike, cooking gas cylinder cap, demands BJP - Sep 14, 2012
- Bus unions demand immediate fare hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Will analyse diesel price hike effect: Dikshit - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: central government, congress, decisions, devastation, diesel price hike, fuel price hike, fuel prices, gas cylinders, general secretary, government doesn, guts, litre, nanda, parliament, Samajwadi Party