Will keep fighting against anti-people policies, Mamata thundersSeptember 21st, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 21 (IANS) As all the Trinamool Congress ministers resigned from the UPA government to protest against its economic policies, party chief Mamata Banerjee Friday said she would keep on fighting against the ‘anti-people’ policies of the central government.
“If you try to scare me, I will not get afraid. Because my lifeis a history of struggle. I will live like a tiger till my death. I can sever ties with every thing for Ma, Mati and Manush (mother, land and people), but cannot sever tie with them for anything,” Banerjee said at a public rally at Gaighata in North 24 Parganas district.
Terming the Manmohan Singh government’s decision of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail and the recent diesel price hike as “anti-people”, Banerjee, the West Bengal chief minister, said she would keep on fighting against the measures.
“Your shops will be no more, your land will be no more and you will have no food to eat. Moreover, they have also increased the prices of diesel and LPG (cooking gas). What will you people do? Will you accept all these or give a befitting reply?” she asked.
“That is why I am fighting and will keep on fighting for Ma, Mati and Manush,” Banerjee thundered.
All six Trinamool Congress ministers resigned from the central government Friday and also met the president to submit a letter withdrawing support from the United Progressive Alliance (UPA), three days after the party said it was quitting the alliance.
- Firm on pro-people decision, Mamata posts on Facebook (Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- Congress should seek people's verdict on FDI: Mamata - Sep 20, 2012
- PM should seek fresh mandate: Trinamool - Sep 19, 2012
- Trinamool's pull-out vindicates our strike call: Left - Sep 19, 2012
- Why is minority UPA in hurry over FDI in retail: Trinamool - Sep 21, 2012
- Would have been happy to withdraw support, says angry Mamata (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Would have been happy to withdraw support, says angry Mamata - Sep 13, 2012
- TMC withdrawal a betrayal of people's faith: Bengal Congress - Sep 19, 2012
- Congress looks forward to life after Mamata - Sep 21, 2012
- Trinamool to oppose UPA's anti-people policies in parliament - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,