Will give due respect to opposition: West Bengal ministerMay 21st, 2011 - 4:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 21 (IANS) West Bengal’s new Trinamool Congress-Congress government will give due respect to the opposition and welcome constructive suggestions, Industry and Commerce Minister Partha Chatterjee said here Saturday.
Briefing newspersons after a meeting of leaders of all parties, Chatterjee said leader of opposition Surjya Kanta Mishra has been informed of the government’s stand.
“We have told Mishra that as leader of opposition in the assembly, he can always give constructive suggestions. We will apprise Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on it. We want to carry everyone with us to build a new Bengal,” said Chatterjee.
“We will give due respect to the opposition. We will speak to all Left Front parties,” he said.
Chatterjee said the new government would try to restore the lost pride of the state.
The ruling alliance has decided to name Biman Banerjee and Sonali Guha as its candidates for the posts of speaker and deputy speaker, respectively.
The newly-elected legislators will take oath Monday.
“The chief minister has directed all ministers to take oath on the first day itself,” said Chatterjee.
Banerjee is scheduled to address the first meeting of the Trinamool Congress legislature party Monday.
- Left leaders to meet Mamata to protest attacks - May 31, 2011
- Eminent people express concern over spiralling violence - Jul 01, 2011
- No partycracy in house, says Mamata in first assembly speech - May 30, 2011
- Congress ministers to quit Mamata ministry Saturday (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- Bengal assembly adjourned following Trinamool legislator's death - Mar 19, 2012
- Mamata government intolerant, tries to evade responsibility: Left - Aug 23, 2012
- Mamata, opposition discuss renaming of West Bengal - Aug 03, 2011
- Mamata strips non-Trinamool panchayat heads of power - Mar 27, 2012
- Mamata trying to gag opposition: CPI-M - Feb 12, 2012
- Mamata elected Trinamool legislature party chief - May 15, 2011
- Trinamool opposition to FDI not ideological: CPI-M - Aug 25, 2012
- Left pays homage to Jyoti Basu on the road (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Basu's birth anniversary celebrated across Bengal - Jul 08, 2011
- Left Front walks out of all-party meeting on hooch - Dec 19, 2011
- Two Congress ministers to be sworn-in Friday - May 20, 2011
Tags: banerjee, chief minister, commerce minister, congress government, congress legislature party, deputy speaker, due respect, first meeting, guha, kolkata, leader of opposition, legislators, mishra, partha chatterjee, pride, trinamool congress, welcome constructive suggestions, west bengal