Will get justice from CBI probe, says YeddyurappaMay 11th, 2012 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Nanjangud (Karnataka), May 11 (IANS) Former Karnataka Chief Minister and BJP leader B.S. Yeddyurappa Friday said he was confident of getting justice from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into corruption charges against him.
“I will come clean. I’m confident that I will get justice from the CBI probe,” he told reporters in this temple town, about 160 km from Bangalore, soon after the Supreme Court ordered the central agency to investigate the charges against him.
Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda declined to react to the court order.
“I can comment only after getting full information,” Gowda told reporters in Bangalore.
Yeddyurappa, who became Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) first chief minister of Karnataka May 30, 2008, quit July 31 last year after the then lokayukta (ombudsman) N. Santosh Hegde recommended his trial over mining bribery charges. Gowda took over from him Aug 4.
However, the state high court in March set aside the lokayukta’s report and since then Yeddyurappa had been mounting pressure on BJP’s central leaders to reinstate him.
The Supreme Court order followed a recommendation for CBI probe by the Central Empowered Committee set up by it to probe illegal mining in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
- Apex court tells CBI to probe graft charges against Yeddyurappa (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Apex court tells CBI to probe graft charges against Yeddyurappa (Third Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Facing possible CBI probe, Yeddyurappa banks on apex court (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Karnataka BJP infighting intensifies - May 09, 2012
- BJP's southern foray: Tale of scams and compromises (News Analysis) - Mar 19, 2012
- Karnataka cabinet vacancies continue, MLAs restless (Karnataka Newsletter) - May 05, 2012
- Karnataka BJP crisis heads for flashpoint - Mar 11, 2012
- Talks on with Yeddyurappa, says Gadkari (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Troubles galore as BJP enters final year of rule (Karnataka Newsletter) - May 26, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka chief minister (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP struggles to save Karnataka government - Mar 19, 2012
- Seven Karnataka ministers loyal to Yeddyurappa offer to quit - May 12, 2012
- Sadananda Gowda in Delhi, Yeddyurappa calls him 'traitor' (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- BJP in Karnataka back to bickering - Jun 19, 2012
- Hectic efforts on to save Karnataka's BJP government (Second lead) - May 14, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, bangalore, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, bribery charges, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, central leaders, chief minister of karnataka, corruption charges, gowda, karnataka chief minister, nanjangud, ombudsman, s central, santosh, supreme court, temple town