Will decide on presidential poll at right time: KalamJune 15th, 2012 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 15 (IANS) Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Friday said he respected the views of political parties who supported him as a presidential candidate but would take the “proper decision at the right time”.
“Many political parties have been saying they prefer me and want me to become the president of India. I respect their views and I appreciate their ideas. I will take the proper decision at the right time,” Kalam, 81, told reporters here.
The Samajwadi Party and the Trinamool Congress had Wednesday named Kalam as one of their three preferred candidates for president. On Thursday, Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee said Kalam was their number one choice and reiterated it after a meeting with SP leader Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- Mamata sends 'advance congratulations' to Kalam - Jun 15, 2012
- Mamata sends 'advance congratulations' to Kalam (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Game not over yet, won't say anything about Mulayam: Mamata (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- 'No rift between Samajwadi Party and Trinamool' - Jun 15, 2012
- Congress leader denies contacting Kalam - Jun 15, 2012
- Kalam should not contest presidential poll: Somnath - Jun 16, 2012
- Had no other option but support Pranab: SP - Jun 16, 2012
- Ready to leave government if unwanted: Trinamool (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- India's next president: still mired in uncertainty (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2012
- Manmohan, Kalam or Somnath for president: SP, Trinamool - Jun 13, 2012
- Kalam hails Mamata's leadership qualities, honesty - Jun 19, 2012
- Left yet to take a call on presidential polls: Biman Bose - Jun 14, 2012
- Kalam out of presidential fight, BJP, Mamata red-faced (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Trinamool calls Mulayam a 'traitor', hopes for consensus on Kalam - Jun 15, 2012
- Mamata logs on to Facebook to canvass for Kalam - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: abdul kalam, former president, mamata banerjee, mulayam singh yadav, one choice, patna, political parties, preferred candidates, president of india, presidential candidate, presidential poll, proper decision, right time, Samajwadi Party, trinamool congress