Will convince Advani to head parliamentary party: RajnathMay 16th, 2009 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 16 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh Saturday said he has been asked to convince the party’s prime ministerial candidate L.K. Advani to remain head of the BJP MPs in parliament.
He said in a meeting of the parliamentary party Saturday, Advani had expressed his “will” not to become the parliamentary party leader, but the party did not agree.
“Another meeting was convened and I was given the task of meeting Advani and convincing him to accept the leadership in parliament,” Singh told reporters here.
Expressing his thanks to the people of Ghaziabad residents, he promised he would discharge his duty as MP without any discrimination. “All are equal to me and I would serve them to my full capacity,” he said.
The BJP chief said he had telephoned Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on his way to Ghaziabad and conveyed his party’s full constructive support to strengthen the country.
- His 'yatra' over, Advani calls for UPA's ouster (Roundup) - Nov 20, 2011
- Blackmail is bread and butter of BJP, says Sonia (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP wants Lokpal Bill passed in next session - Apr 10, 2011
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Advani is emotive as Rajnath calls him PM material (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
- Sharad Yadav rejects Advani's prediction on 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- BJP backs Advani's anti-corruption 'yatra' - Sep 09, 2011
- We want strong Lokpal bill, BJP tells Team Hazare (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Pranab da called, but didn't ask for support: Advani - Jun 25, 2012
- Only parliament can pass Lokpal bill: Advani (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- All-party meet on Lokpal without precedent: Advani - Jul 04, 2011
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Advani's Jan Chetna yatra concludes Sunday at Ramlila Maidan - Nov 19, 2011
- Advani hints he may not be PM candidate in 2014 - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: bjp chief, congress president sonia gandhi, discrimination, l k advani, leadership, manmohan, manmohan singh, mp, mps, parliament, parliamentary party, party leader, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prime ministerial candidate, rajnath singh