Will comment on final PAC report: KaratAugust 7th, 2011 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 7 (IANS) Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat Sunday said his party will comment on the final report of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) and not on the draft that is being circulated among its members.
“The PAC report is not yet adopted. What has been circulated is a draft report by the chairman. Now the PAC has to meet, discuss and decide on the matter. The controversy is about that draft which is being circulated, so it will be discussed in the PAC first,” he said here.
“Our MP, who is a member of the PAC, will also be a party to the discussion and let us see what comes out of the final PAC report,” he said.
“I cannot comment as it is only a draft, not the final report. The previous draft was also scrapped. First let them discuss and see what happens,” said Karat.
The reworked report of PAC chairman Murli Manohar Joshi, which questions the prime minister’s role in the 2G spectrum allocation, has sparked a row, with the Congress dismissing the report as “motivated” and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) asserting that there is “nothing wrong” with it.
Joshi, a senior BJP leader, circulated his reworked report among PAC members Saturday.
Joshi was reappointed chairman of the PAC in May after the term of the previous committee ended April 30.
On June 28, Joshi tried to place the report before the new PAC, but he did not succeed due to fierce opposition from United Progressive Alliance members.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar returned the report on grounds it was not supported by the entire PAC.
- 2G scam: Reworked PAC report sparks row - Aug 07, 2011
- PAC report: Congress says it's motivated; BJP says nothing wrong (Third Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Speaker Meira Kumar approves Joshi's reappointment as PAC chairperson - May 01, 2011
- Congress slams reworked PAC report; BJP says nothing wrong (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- 2G: Reworked PAC report sparks row, Montek defends PM (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- Joshi re-appointed PAC chief for one year - May 01, 2011
- Joshi reappointed PAC chief (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Congress dares BJP to have a vote on PAC report - May 01, 2011
- CAG report: Government comment after PAC's decision - Aug 08, 2011
- Joshi walks out of PAC meet, 'chief' Soz rejects 2G report (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- PAC divided on 2G report, Joshi walks out (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Joshi in PAC was doing his party's bidding: Congress - Apr 29, 2011
- Govt. will find out how PAC report was leaked: Ambika Soni - Apr 28, 2011
- Congress declines comment on speaker's rejection of PAC report - Jun 14, 2011
- BJP challenges PM over draft PAC report contents (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: alliance members, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, draft report, general secretary, kolkata, Lok Sabha, meira kumar, murli manohar joshi, pac chairman, pac members, pac report, prakash karat, progressive alliance, public accounts committee, senior bjp, spectrum allocation