Will accept Sangma’s resignation: PawarJune 20th, 2012 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 20 (IANS) Soon after Janata Party leader Subramanian Swamy announced Wednesday that former Lok Sabha speaker P.A. Sangma has decided to quit the Nationalist Congress Party, party chief Sharad Pawar said he will accept the resignation.
“We will accept immediately…he is resigning from primary membership…we will inform speaker of Meghalaya assembly,” Pawar told reporters.
Pawar had been urging Sangma not to go ahead with his plan to contest the presidential poll July 19 and toe the party line in supporting the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) nominee Pranab Mukherjee. The NCP is a constituent of the UPA.
- Will accept Sangma's resignation:, says Pawar (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma quits NCP, set to take on Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2012
- Determined to contest, Sangma quits NCP (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma's political party gets new avatar - Aug 24, 2012
- My father has quit NCP, says Sangma's son - Jun 20, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Sangma is candidate of communal forces: NCP (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Sangma to resign from NCP, says Swamy (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Pawar unlikely to attend PM's dinner for president - Jul 23, 2012
- Meghalaya CM urges coalition partners not to support Sangma - Jul 06, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, hints of action - Jun 16, 2012
- Agatha will go by UPA's presidential candidate: Sangma - May 26, 2012
- Sangma's exit will not impact Meghalaya unit: NCP - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma set to float new party - Jul 30, 2012
- Sangma will respect party's decision: Pawar - Jun 16, 2012