Will abide by party decision, says GowdaJuly 7th, 2012 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 7 (IANS) Reconciled to a change of guard in the state, Karnataka Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda Saturday said that he would abide by the decision of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) high command on the leadership issue.
“As I have said earlier, I would abide by whatever decision the party high command would take on the leadership issue. If I am asked to quit, I will resign and if I am asked to continue, I will stay,” Gowda told reporters soon after arriving in Delhi.
Bowing to pressure from former chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa, the BJP Saturday chose Karnataka’s Rural Development Minister Jagadish Shettar to replace Gowda.
Gowda reiterated that the party high command should not further delay the decision on the leadership issue as the uncertainty was affecting the state administration at a time when many districts across the state were reeling under drought.
“I have requested the party high command to decide on the leadership issue at the earliest as anymore delay would affect the smooth functioning of the government. As a disciplined member of the party, I will act on the advice of our leaders, whatever it may be,” he said.
Gowda is scheduled to meet party president Nitin Gadkari and senior party leader L.K. Advani here.
–IndoAsian News Service
- Yeddyurappa gets his way, Shettar to be new Karnataka CM (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka's new chief minister (Second Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Yeddyurappa loyalist ministers may quit Karnataka ministry - Jun 29, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka chief minister (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP emissary in Bangalore to sort out portfolio issue - Aug 31, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka chief minister (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- CBI grills Yeddyurappa in mining bribery case - Jul 08, 2012
- Eight Yeddyurappa loyalists quit Karnataka ministry (Second Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- BJP replaces Gowda with Shettar in Karnataka (Roundup) - Jul 08, 2012
- Shettar is Karnataka's new chief minister (Evening Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Karnataka crisis subsides, nine ministers withdraw resignations (Third Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Gowda quits as Karnataka CM - Jul 11, 2012
- Shettar to be new Karnataka chief minister - Jul 07, 2012
- Karnataka CM-designate Shettar grapples with ministry formation (Evening Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Eight Karnataka ministers quit, demand chief minister's ouster (Third Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, chief minister, development minister, drought, fb, gowda, jagadish, l k advani, leadership issue, ncb, New Delhi, news service, party leader, party president, rural development, state administration, uncertainty, vd