Who wouldn’t want Mauritius trip: Cherie Blair at poverty meetSeptember 24th, 2010 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 24 (IANS) “Who wouldn’t want a trip to Mauritius,” said Cherie Blair, wife of former British premier Tony Blair, while attending a summit in New York on world poverty.
Mauritius Foreign Minister Arvin Boolell approached Cherie after she delivered a feisty speech on women’s rights.
She told him: “Who wouldn’t want a trip to Mauritius!”
Daily Mail Friday reported that Boolell confirmed he had invited Cherie to his country to open a business centre in November.
Mauritius is known for its aquamarine waters, powder white sand and luxury resorts. A trip could cost about 5,000 pounds per person.
Two years back, the Blairs had enjoyed a free five-week trip to Malaysia.
They have also enjoyed holidays in Cliff Richard’s villa in Barbados, at the mansion of Bee Gee Robin Gibb and the luxury Sardinian house of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
The official hotel of the conference was the five-star hotel Waldorf Astoria that is located close to the wealthy Fifth Avenue.
- Couple says 'I do' for a record 85th time in 6 months! - Nov 28, 2010
- Robin Gibb's death was caused by kidney failure - May 28, 2012
- India to supply patrol ship to Mauritius - Jul 05, 2010
- Tony Blair 'loved to drink while travelling' - Nov 29, 2010
- British official's stay in luxury Indian hotel frowned on - Dec 12, 2010
- Berlusconi's eldest daughter not interested in politics - May 06, 2011
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies of cancer - May 22, 2012
- Robin Gibb in coma - Apr 14, 2012
- German actress claims she organized Berlusconi's 'bunga bunga' parties - Feb 04, 2011
- Tony Blair calls off book bash over protest threat - Sep 09, 2010
- Robert de Niro barred from hotel! - Mar 15, 2012
- Dad died of kidney failure: Robin Gibb's son - May 27, 2012
- Another under-age girl in Berlusconi's bunga bunga scandal - Jan 28, 2011
- I paid for watching Wimbledon, nothing wrong in it: Krishna - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: aquamarine waters, barbados, bee gee, blairs, business centre, cherie blair, daily mail, fifth avenue, five star hotel, foreign minister, hotel waldorf astoria, italian prime minister, luxury resorts, official hotel, prime minister silvio, robin gibb, silvio berlusconi, tony blair, white sand, world poverty