West Bengal criticises fuel price hikeJune 26th, 2010 - 1:05 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 25 (IANS) West Bengal’s Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) led ruling Left Front Friday flayed the Congress-led central government and its ally Trinamool Congress for the fuel price hike, saying it would put an extra burden on the common man.
“The prices of essential commodities are almost out of the common man’s reach. And this increase in fuel prices will have a drastic effect on the poor and the common people,” said Biman Bose, CPI-M state secretary and Left Front chairman, in a press statement.
He criticised the United Progressive Alliance-II government and its ally Trinamool Congress for not looking after the interest of the common man.
“Trinamool Congress being an ally of UPA-II cannot run away from the responsibility of the price hike of fuels,” added Bose.
The government hiked the prices of diesel by Rs.2 a litre, kerosene by Rs.3 a litre and cooking gas by Rs.35 per cylinder. The prices of petrol will now be costlier by Rs 3.50 per litre.
- Bengal Left Front stir against fuel hike July 4-11 - Jun 26, 2011
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.7, opposition and allies fret (Intro Roundup) - May 23, 2012
- Shutdown successful, people supported it: Biman Bose - Jul 05, 2010
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.7, opposition and allies fret (Roundup) - May 23, 2012
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- We don't support fuel price hike: Mamata (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- Left Front condemns diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Trinamool's opposition to petrol hike meaningless: Biman Bose - Nov 09, 2011
- We don't support frequent fuel hikes: Mamata - Jun 24, 2011
- Ministerial meet to discuss LPG supply, price deferred - Sep 16, 2011
- Opposition criticises transport strike in West Bengal - Jun 26, 2010
- Allies join opposition, slam sharp petrol price hike (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Left parties slam fuel price hike, threaten stir - Jun 24, 2011
- LDF shutdown in Kerala to protest fuel price hike - Jun 25, 2010
- Diesel, kerosene and cooking gas price hiked; common man, opposition angry (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2011
Tags: ally, central government, commodities, common man, common people, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress, CPI, diesel, drastic effect, fuel price hike, fuel prices, kerosene, litre, progressive alliance, rs 2, state secretary, UPA, west bengal