West Bengal CPI-M meets to review poll resultsJune 11th, 2009 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 11 (IANS) The West Bengal unit of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) began a two-day meeting here Thursday to review the party’s poor performance in the Lok Sabha elections.
The meeting was attended by party general secretary Prakash Karat and politburo member Sitaram Yechury. All state committee members including Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, Biman Bose, Nirupam Sen and Suryakanta Mishra were also present.
“We discussed our performance in the general elections. That apart, issues like land acquisition and formation of the Third Front were also discussed in the meeting,” central committee member Mohammad Salim told reporters after the first half of the meeting.
Talking about CPI-M’s performance in the April-May elections, he said the party would analyse the poll results in detail Friday also.
On post-poll violence in the state, Salim said: “Trinamool Congress is trying to create trouble by launching attacks on CPI-M activists in Khejuri. We live in a democratic set up and no political hooliganism should be tolerated.”
Khejuri, about 160 km from here, is known as a CPI-M stronghold area adjacent to trouble torn Nandigram in East Midnapore district.
- CPI-M's Bengal conference to discuss poll debacle - Feb 15, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- Left parties to discuss stand over presidential poll - Jun 21, 2012
- CPI-M politburo meets to discuss poll debacle - Jun 10, 2011
- Mamata's decision not to contest exposes weakness: CPI-M - Mar 05, 2011
- CPI-M begins introspection on poll debacle (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- No question of Buddhadeb resigning: Biman Bose (Lead) - Jun 05, 2010
- Campaigning ends in West Bengal for fourth phase polling - May 01, 2011
- Buddhadeb skips politburo meet in New Delhi - Jun 05, 2010
- CPI-M for more women members - Feb 01, 2012
- Achuthanandan's candidature in state unit's hands - Mar 05, 2011
- Post-poll CPI-M leaders' meet Monday likely to be stormy - May 15, 2011
- OK if Somnath campaigns for CPI-M, says Yechury - Apr 15, 2011
- CPI-M politburo, central committee meet in Kolkata - Aug 05, 2011
- Campaign ends for first phase of polling in West Bengal - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: biman, central committee member, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, general elections, hooliganism, land acquisition, lok sabha elections, midnapore district, mishra, politburo member, poll results, poll violence, post poll, prakash karat, sitaram yechury, state committee, trinamool congress, west bengal