We can’t spare Manmohan Singh, says CongressJune 14th, 2012 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) The Congress could not spare Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the party said Thursday, ruling out his candidature as president.
“Manmohan Singh will stay prime minister till 2014,” Congress leader Janardhan Dwivedi told reporters. “We cannot afford to spare Dr. Manmohan Singh,” he added.
It was the first comment of the party since Trinamool Congress’ Mamata Banerjee and Samajwadi Party’s Mulayam Singh Yadav Wednesday listed Manmohan Singh as one of their preferred choices for the president’s post.
- We can't spare Manmohan Singh, says Congress (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Sonia has hectic day over presidential poll talks (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Cornered Congress to 'reach out' to smaller parties (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- India's next president: still mired in uncertainty (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2012
- Manmohan, Kalam or Somnath for president: SP, Trinamool - Jun 13, 2012
- Advani, Jayalalithaa to 'coordinate' on presidential polls (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- No question of Mamata meeting PM, says Trinamool - Jun 14, 2012
- Congress for consensus over confrontation on presidential poll - Jun 14, 2012
- Bengal Congress lashes out at Mamata for rejecting Pranab - Jun 14, 2012
- Mamata to meet PM Thursday (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jun 13, 2012
- Sonia meets Congress leaders, DMK (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Congress hopeful Mamata, Mulayam can be persuaded - Jun 14, 2012
- Could Mulayam be persuaded to accept Pranab as president? - Jun 14, 2012
- BJP, AIADMK to coordinate on presidential poll: Advani (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Countdown to Mamata's dramatic announcement - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: candidature, congress leader, dr manmohan singh, june 14, mamata banerjee, manmohan, manmohan singh, mulayam singh yadav, New Delhi, preferred choices, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, Samajwadi Party, trinamool congress