‘We are united’, reiterates Team Anna; visits Hazare (Lead)October 30th, 2011 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Ralegan Siddhi (Maharashtra), Oct 30 (IANS) Putting up a united front, Team Anna Sunday said there were no differences among its core committee members and accused the Congress of trying to create rifts through a smear campaign.
Team Anna members Sunday came here to meet activist Anna Hazare, a day after holding a core committee meeting in Ghaziabad.
In the wake of graft allegations against some members, the group also decided to draft a code of conduct for its core committee members and anybody violating it would be removed from the committee.
They also said that its members will jointly campaign in the five states that go to the polls in 2012 for a strong Lokpal institution.
“We are all united. We will wait till the winter session of parliament to see if the Lokpal bill is enacted. Otherwise, we will as a team tour the five states going to polls next year to campaign against the Congress,” Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal told reporters here. He was flanked by members Prashant Bhushan and Kiran Bedi.
They alleged that Congress was trying to divide the team members through its smear campaign against members of the core committee of India Against Corruption.
“Some leaders of the Congress are trying to divide the team. Some are trying to discredit us. This is a 20-crore people’s agitation. If we give up the movement now, people will stop trusting us. Till the time a Lokpal institution is in place, we will continue our movement. We are all united,” Kejriwal said in the presence of Anna Hazare.
“Congress is running scared after its Hisar poll defeat. But we are not against any political party or grouping. Since Congress is in power at the centre, it should fulfill its commitment to the nation to have a corruption-free government and enact the Jan Lokpal bill,” he said.
Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi also dismissed allegations of misuse of funds by them, saying all the IAC accounts were specially audited for six months and the accounts will be put up on the movement’s website on Nov 1.
“If you still have doubts over the accounts, you can order an investigation through any government agency,” Kejriwal said.
- Team Anna going strong, will be revamped: Hazare (Second lead) - Oct 30, 2011
- IAC meets Saturday as demand for new core group crops up - Oct 28, 2011
- Whither Team Anna? (News Analysis) - Oct 30, 2011
- Government trying to scuttle our movement: Bedi - Oct 29, 2011
- Team Anna core group stays, warns Congress on Lokpal bill - Oct 29, 2011
- Team Anna members meet Hazare - Oct 30, 2011
- Anna movement cannot open bank account: Kejriwal - Oct 28, 2011
- Anna to restructure core committee - Nov 07, 2011
- Hegde not to resign, members to stay focused (Third Lead) - Apr 23, 2011
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Anna's decision to break off shocking, says Kejriwal - Sep 20, 2012
- Team Anna wants conduct of MPs in Lokpal Bill - Nov 03, 2011
- It was for the cause: Bedi on inflated reimbursements - Oct 20, 2011
- Rift in Team Anna, as Hazare plans nationwide campaign (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Team Anna dismisses Agnivesh's allegations - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: agitation, allegations, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, bhushan, campaign team, committee meeting, committee members, congress team, core committee, corruption, crore, free government, ghaziabad, kiran, oct 30, siddhi, smear campaign, united front, winter session