Warrant issued for Bihar legislator’s arrestApril 25th, 2012 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 25 (IANS) A local court in Bihar Wednesday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Janata Dal-United (JD-U) legislator Sarfaraz Alam in connection with a 10-year-old assault and loot case, police said.
The Araria district civil court issued the warrant after Alam, a ruling party legislator from the Jokihat constituency in Araria, failed to appear for the hearing of the case registered in 2002.
Alam is the son of Mohammad Taslimuddin, a senior JD-U leader and a former central minister.
“The court’s order will be executed,” said Araria Superintendent of Police Sandeep Lande.
Alam was booked in a case last year too, when he entered Nepal with machinegun-toting bodyguards without giving prior notice to Nepalese authorities.
- Bihar legislator 1st Indian to hit Nepal headlines in 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010
- Rivalry within NDA ahead of Bihar polls - Oct 03, 2010
- Nitish Kumar seeks votes for jailed JD-U candidate - Nov 16, 2010
- Bihar polls: Nitish, Modi, Lalu seeking votes for criminals - Oct 16, 2010
- Is Nitish Kumar wooing tainted politicians for polls? - Jul 15, 2010
- Rabri Devi gets bail for abusive remarks - May 18, 2010
- LJP legislator denies joining Bihar's ruling JD-U - Aug 13, 2011
- BJP will not encourage desertions from JD-U in Bihar: Modi - Jul 10, 2012
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Nirmal Baba stayed - May 23, 2012
- Bihar seeks bail cancellation of 101 criminals - Jul 06, 2012
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- Bihar legislator complains of extortion, death threats - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: alam, arrest warrant against, authorities, bailable, bodyguards, civil court, constituency, janata, jd, legislator, local court, loot, machinegun, mohammad, nepal, prior notice, ruling party, superintendent