Warrant issued against former minister P.K.ThunganOctober 10th, 2008 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANS) A court here Friday issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against former minister of state for urban development P.K. Thungan after he failed to appear before it in a case relating to out-of-turn allotment of houses to government employees during 1993-1995.Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge R.K.Yadav issued the NBW for execution by Oct 20.
Besides Thungan, 17 others, including the then additional personal secretary to urban development minister Sheila Kaul, were named by the CBI in 1996 for allegedly receiving illegal gratification from around 102 government employees for granting out-of-turn accommodation.
The FIR was lodged on Feb 14, 1996, following a Supreme Court order on a public interest litigation (PIL) challenging the controversial government policy on house allotments.
According to the charge sheet, D D Arora, the additional personal secretary of Sheila Kaul, hatched a criminal conspiracy with his son Virender Arora and others and compelled the government employees to pay them bribes for out-of-turn allotment of houses.
- Court grants bail to former minister P.K. Thungan - Oct 20, 2008
- Court orders framing of charges against former minister - Oct 21, 2008
- Court frames corruption charges against former minister Thungan - Feb 02, 2009
- Framing of charges against Sheila Kaul deferred - Feb 28, 2012
- Court exempts Sheila Kaul from personal appearance - May 23, 2012
- 98-year-old Sheila Kaul told to appear in court - May 10, 2012
- Court frames charges against former union ministers - Apr 02, 2009
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Court issues warrant against former minister P.K. Thungan - Oct 10, 2008
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Two detained for interrogation - Apr 03, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Fresh arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2012