Wanted CPI-M leader met Buddhadeb, but not arrested: TrinamoolMarch 13th, 2011 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 12 (IANS) Trinamool Congress Saturday complained to the West Bengal chief electoral officer (CEO) about a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader wanted in several cases roaming free and even meeting Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee at the CPI-M state headquarters here.
Trinamool general secretary and Minister of State for Shipping Mukul Roy complained to the CEO Sunil Gupta that CPI-M leader from North 24 Parganas Majid Ali was not arrested even though several arrest warrants are pending against him.
“We have informed the CEO how a dreaded criminal, against whom several non-bailable warrants are pending, is being allowed to roam free. Even he was noticed going inside CPI-M party office to meet Bhattacharjee, who is also the home minister of the state. This is unfair,” he said.
Gupta said they have received a complaint from the Trinamool Congress and the department concerned has been asked to look into the matter.
- Arrests of CPI-M, Trinamool leaders not comparable: Congress - Apr 18, 2011
- Execute arrest warrants against Trinamool leaders: CPI-M - Mar 22, 2011
- Don't harass politicians, Bengal officials told - Mar 24, 2011
- Buddhadeb is 'shame' of democracy, says Trinamool - Mar 24, 2011
- Raids on to arrest Trinamool candidate: EC - Apr 14, 2011
- Don't want Mamata to be harassed before polls: Buddhadeb - Mar 23, 2011
- High turnout in Bengal; Singur, Nandigram vote (Intro Roundup) - May 03, 2011
- Buddhadeb files papers from Jadavpore (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Mamata's secretariat official evading arrest: CPI-M - Apr 20, 2012
- It's Buddha versus Mamata again in Bengal - Feb 29, 2012
- Buddhadeb silent on Singur verdict, flays Mamata - Sep 29, 2011
- Pranab cautions Mamata government on teacher assaults - Jan 22, 2012
- Buddhadeb, Mamata cast votes in city booths - Apr 27, 2011
- Peaceful voting, 80 percent turnout in Bengal (Intro Roundup) - Apr 28, 2011
- CPI-M says it is not a one-man party - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: arrest warrants, bailable, bhattacharjee, ceo, chief electoral officer, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, general secretary, home minister, kolkata, majid ali, minister of state, mukul, state headquarters, sunil gupta, trinamool congress, west bengal