Wanted CPI-M leader met Buddhadeb, but not arrested: TrinamoolMarch 13th, 2011 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 12 (IANS) Trinamool Congress Saturday complained to the West Bengal chief electoral officer (CEO) about a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader wanted in several cases roaming free and even meeting Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee at the CPI-M state headquarters here.
Trinamool general secretary and Minister of State for Shipping Mukul Roy complained to the CEO Sunil Gupta that CPI-M leader from North 24 Parganas Majid Ali was not arrested even though several arrest warrants are pending against him.
“We have informed the CEO how a dreaded criminal, against whom several non-bailable warrants are pending, is being allowed to roam free. Even he was noticed going inside CPI-M party office to meet Bhattacharjee, who is also the home minister of the state. This is unfair,” he said.
Gupta said they have received a complaint from the Trinamool Congress and the department concerned has been asked to look into the matter.
- Arrests of CPI-M, Trinamool leaders not comparable: Congress - Apr 18, 2011
- Execute arrest warrants against Trinamool leaders: CPI-M - Mar 22, 2011
- Don't harass politicians, Bengal officials told - Mar 24, 2011
- Buddhadeb is 'shame' of democracy, says Trinamool - Mar 24, 2011
- Raids on to arrest Trinamool candidate: EC - Apr 14, 2011
- Don't want Mamata to be harassed before polls: Buddhadeb - Mar 23, 2011
- High turnout in Bengal; Singur, Nandigram vote (Intro Roundup) - May 03, 2011
- Buddhadeb files papers from Jadavpore (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Mamata's secretariat official evading arrest: CPI-M - Apr 20, 2012
- It's Buddha versus Mamata again in Bengal - Feb 29, 2012
- Buddhadeb silent on Singur verdict, flays Mamata - Sep 29, 2011
- Pranab cautions Mamata government on teacher assaults - Jan 22, 2012
- Buddhadeb, Mamata cast votes in city booths - Apr 27, 2011
- Peaceful voting, 80 percent turnout in Bengal (Intro Roundup) - Apr 28, 2011
- CPI-M says it is not a one-man party - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,