Wait for formal announcement on presidential candidate: MukherjeeJune 15th, 2012 - 3:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) Amid strong media speculation about the presidential candidates, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, considered a front runner for the top post, Friday said that “a formal announcement will be made”.
“I’ll let you know. A formal announcement will be made. Don’t torture yourself under the scorching sun,” Mukherjee told reporters here.
Senior Congress leaders, including Mukherjee, met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday to discuss the presidential elections.
Besides Mukherjee, his cabinet colleagues Salman Khurshid, P. Chidambaram and Kapil Sibal reached the prime minister’s 7, Race Course Road residence around noon.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Pranab, senior Congress leaders meet PM - Jun 15, 2012
- Cabinet meet begins, Lokpal not on agenda - Dec 18, 2011
- Congratulations Pranab Da, tweets Omar Abdullah - Jun 15, 2012
- 2G note didn't reflect my views: Pranab - Sep 29, 2011
- Lokpal Bill draft panel has 'very good' second meeting - May 02, 2011
- PM steps in to break stalemate over anti-graft law (Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Contest imminent if Congress goes ahead with Pranab: Trinamool - Jun 14, 2012
- Key meet to discuss 2G fallout remains inconclusive - Feb 24, 2012
- Pranab rubbishes reports of offering to quit - Oct 02, 2011
- Government bends, Hazare ends fast - Apr 09, 2011
- Patience, says Congress, amid presidential suspense (Roundup) - May 04, 2012
- Government lacks clarity on Lokpal bill, says BJP - Jun 18, 2011
- Mukherjee says discussions in both houses after his statement - Aug 27, 2011
- Lokpal panel meets amid differences (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- GoM didn't discuss poll code: Narayansamy - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: asian news, cabinet colleagues, congress leaders, finance minister, formal announcement, indo, kapil sibal, manmohan, manmohan singh, media speculation, p chidambaram, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, presidential candidates, presidential elections, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rl, sog, vm