VS-Vijayan differences out in open againApril 22nd, 2009 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 22 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan’s differences with Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan were out in the open again Wednesday.
Achuthanandan criticised Pinarayi who had promised to induct a Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) legislator in the state cabinet. The JD-S, until recently an ally of the ruling Left Democratic Front (LDF), quit the coalition after its state president was denied the Kozhikode Lok Sabha seat by the CPI-M.
“The party secretary is not the person who decides on such (cabinet) issues. It is the allies and the LDF that decide on such issues,” Achuthanandan told reporters after the weekly cabinet meeting.
The chief minister also played down the differences with the JD-S. “Yes, prior to the elections there were issues with the JD-S and we are working on it.”
Vijayan earlier this month at the height of the feud within the coalition had said the JD-S will be included in the cabinet after the elections.
The lone JD-S minister in the LDF cabinet was Mathew T. Thomas, the transport minister. He quit last month after the CPI-M refused to re-nominate JD-S state president M.P. Veerendra Kumar from Kozhikode.
The JD-S’ state unit is itself in trouble. One of its sections wants to remain with the LDF.
- No problems in alliance, all united: UDF - May 01, 2012
- CPI-M Kerala unit to meet to map its future - Feb 06, 2012
- JD-S Kerala unit to seek disqualification of 3 legislators - Nov 22, 2010
- Achuthanandan versus Vijayan - and CPI-M? (Kerala Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- Achuthanandan visits home of murdered Marxist - Jun 02, 2012
- JD-S in Kerala heading for a split - Apr 23, 2009
- Crucial five day Kerala CPI-M party meeting starts Sunday - Jun 16, 2012
- JD-S walks out of LDF meeting in Kerala - Mar 19, 2009
- Achuthanandan will remain opposition leader: CPI-M - Feb 10, 2012
- CPI-M to probe allegations against senior party leader - Feb 05, 2011
- Chandy pats himself after one year, critics fume (One year of Oommen Chandy) - May 17, 2012
- Out of politburo, Achuthanandan is miffed - Apr 09, 2012
- Battle lines drawn for Kerala local bodies polls - Oct 21, 2010
- Congress wins Kerala cliffhanger from 'old man' Achuthanandan (Roundup) - May 13, 2011
- Achuthanandan: Stalinist, but a man of the masses - May 13, 2011
Tags: communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, criticised, democratic front, janata, jd, kerala chief minister, kozhikode, legislator, Lok Sabha, mathew, party secretary, pinarayi vijayan, state cabinet, state president, state secretary, t thomas, transport minister, v s achuthanandan