Virbhadra calls graft case ‘concocted’June 25th, 2012 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 25 (IANS) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Virbhadra Singh Monday refuted the charge of corruption against him, terming it a “concocted case” and a conspiracy by the Bharatiya Janata Party government in Himachal Pradesh.
Talking to reporters here, Virbhadra Singh, who ahs been gthe chief minister of Himachal Pradesh a record five times, accused the BJP government of misusing the state police against him.
“The BJP government in Himachal Pradesh is after my blood,” he said.
Singh said he blamed the state government and “the police mechanism under them” for the case.
“This is a concocted case, based on concocted evidence,” he said.
Asked if he will resign from the union cabinet on moral grounds, Virbhadra Singh said he will take a decision at the right time.
“CD has not been authenticated. I don’t want to embarrass my party and my prime minister, as and when an occasion arises I will take a decision,” he said.
A court in Shimla Monday framed corruption charges against Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh, based on a CD purportedly containing the couple’s voices.
The couple was booked Aug 3, 2009 on the basis of an audio cassette released by Virbhadra Singh’s political adversary Vijai Singh Mankotia in 2007.
The former chief minister faces charges of misusing his official position and criminal misconduct in 1989.
Asked if Virbhdra Singh will be asked to leave the union cabinet, Congress spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi said the party will take a decision after seeing the charges.
“There is a procedure for everything. We will see the charges, and whatever opinion is generated, we will convey it to you,” he said.
“Since he is in the cabinet, the prime minister will decide,” Dwivedi said.
- Virbhadra faces graft charge; says will resign if asked to (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Nothing to do with Virbhadra episode, says BJP - Jun 26, 2012
- Team Anna demands Virbhadra's resignation - Jun 25, 2012
- Tainted Virbhadra Singh goes, vows to fight on (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Virbhadra graft case: Recording of evidence in November - Sep 21, 2012
- Virbhadra voice CD in a graft case played in court - May 31, 2012
- Graft charges framed against union minister Virbhadra Singh (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Congress defends Virbhadra Singh - Jun 26, 2012
- Virbhadra to appear before court in graft case - Nov 26, 2010
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Third Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Himachal High Court turns down Virbhadra's plea - Sep 03, 2010
- Virbhadra graft case: Court reserves order - Jan 05, 2012
- Virbhadra graft case: Order on charge June 25 - Jun 06, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh asked to reply to plea to cancel bail - May 01, 2011
- Graft case: Virbhadra gets audio tape's copy - May 22, 2012
Tags: adversary, audio cassette, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, chief minister, corruption charges, criminal misconduct, graft case, moral grounds, New Delhi, party government, right time, shimla, small and medium enterprises, spokesperson, state government, state police, time cd, union cabinet, virbhadra singh