Vilasrao’s funeral at his village WednesdayAugust 14th, 2012 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 14 (IANS) Former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh’s funeral will be held at his village Babhalgaon Wednesday evening, sources close to the family said.
The body of the union minister would be brought to Latur, near Babhalgaon, about 480 km from here, Wednesday morning. It would be kept at his residence in Babhalgaon from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for people to pay their last respects, sources said.
The funeral procession will begin at 3 p.m. and the last rites will take place at 4 p.m.
Deshmukh, 67, died at a Chennai hospital Tuesday afternoon. He was awaiting kidney and liver transplants.
He leaves behind his wife and three sons Amit, Riteish and Dheeraj.
- Vilasrao's funeral at his village Wednesday - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh dies in Chennai, mourned by leaders, Bollywood (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh dies in Chennai, mourned by leaders, Bollywood (Second Intro Roundup) - Aug 15, 2012
- Deshmukh dies in Chennai, mourned by leaders, Bollywood (Intro Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh's mortal remains consigned to flames (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Deshmukh's body reaches Latur, funeral in evening - Aug 15, 2012
- Sea of humanity pays respects to Deshmukh, funeral in evening (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh passes away (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh dies in Chennai hospital (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- PM, Sonia pay last respects to Deshmukh - Aug 15, 2012
- PM condoles Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Parliament adjourned after Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh died of cardiac failure: Doctor - Aug 14, 2012
- Maharashtra announces three-day mourning for Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh's death very unexpected: SRK - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: chennai, dheeraj, funeral procession, kidney, last respects, last rites, liver transplants, maharashtra chief minister, mumbai, tuesday afternoon, union minister, wednesday evening, wednesday morning