Vicki Kennedy Thanks Democrats For Passage Of Health Care Reform BillMarch 23rd, 2010 - 9:42 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Washington, Mar 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ted Kennedy didn’t managed to survive it but the health reform bill which has been through a string of criticisms and controversies finally came into effect. Vicki Kennedy was happy to have witnessed her husband’s dream come true. She said so while she went to the Arlington National Cemetery visiting upon her husband’s grave. She said that the health reform bill was her husband’s dream and that how Ted Kennedy would have been the happiest person to have witnessed how the reform bill was finally passed in the U.S House.
Vicki Kennedy said that’s he was happy to have witnessed how the Democrats battled it out at the House for the health legislation bill to come to its fulfillment. She made a special mention of United States President Barack Obama and Speaker Nancy Pelosi for their sheer determination and unshakable confidence. In fact, it was Nancy Pelosi who stood up and urged one and all to acknowledge the late senator Ted Kennedy as the health reform bill was passed. The passage of the health care reform bill on Sunday was surely a special moment for the Ted Kennedy’s family.
Ted Kennedy’s son, Rep. Patrick Kennedy, also said that the health reform bill has come a long way to fulfill his fathers dreams which have gained grounds with reality now. Senator Ted Kennedy who had struggling all throughout his career to make the health bill come to effect breathed his last in August 2009. He was affected by brain cancer. Ted Kennedy’s memoir called “True Compass” that accounted his thoughts and notes all throughout his period of illness got published after weeks of his death.
- Vicki Kennedy Journeys To Ted Kennedy's Cemetery Backing The Reform Of Health Care - Mar 23, 2010
- Swift admires the Kennedy family - Sep 02, 2012
- Vicki Kennedy involved in a family dispute - Aug 06, 2012
- Statements by New York Governor and Lieutenant Governor on the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy - Aug 27, 2009
- President Barack Obama's Remarks at Edward Kennedy's Funeral - Aug 29, 2009
- Text of Sen. Ted Kennedy's letter to President Obama - Sep 10, 2009
- World leaders pay tribute to Ted Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Heckled - Mar 22, 2010
- Nancy Reagan Celebrates Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday - Feb 07, 2011
- Universal health coverage close to reality: Obama - Dec 24, 2009
- Remarks by the President at the Medal of Freedom ceremony - Aug 13, 2009
- Senator Byrd Attends Kennedy's Funeral Mass - Aug 30, 2009
- Kennedy widow as successor suggested - Aug 31, 2009
- Statement by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy - Aug 27, 2009
- Statement by Bill Clinton on the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy - Aug 27, 2009
Tags: arlington national cemetery, barack obama, brain cancer, controversies, fulfillment, health bill, health care reform, health legislation, health reform, memoir, nancy pelosi, patrick kennedy, ranjan, senator ted kennedy, sheer determination, speaker nancy pelosi, special moment, ted kennedy, true compass, unshakable confidence