Vice presidential poll Aug 7, says poll panelJuly 3rd, 2012 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) The election for India’s next vice president will be held August 7, the Election Commission announced Tuesday.
“VP election schedule announced. Poll on Aug 7,” the poll panel said in an SMS.
Vice President Hamid Ansari is set to complete his tenure on Aug 10. Speculation was rife that he would be named for the post of president after Pratibha Patil completes her tenure in July. But the UPA named former finance minister Pranab Mukherjee as its nominee.
- Vice presidential election Aug 7, says poll panel (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Vice presidential election Aug 7: Poll panel (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Congress likely to re-nominate Hamid Ansari - Jul 09, 2012
- Jaswant Singh as NDA's vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Presidential fight finalised, focus shifts on Ansari's successor - Jun 23, 2012
- BJP rules out backing Mukherjee in presidential polls - Apr 30, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- Shiv Sena to back NDA's vice-presidential nominee - Jul 15, 2012
- Sonia to select Congress presidential candidate - Jun 04, 2012
- Presidential poll: Congress' prospects brighten, Pranab leads race - May 06, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with wide margin (Intro Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- BJP for vice presidential contest, to seek NDA nod (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with comfortable margin (Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Trinamool still silent on vice president - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: august 7, election commission, election schedule, finance minister, hamid ansari, India, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, pratibha patil, presidential poll, speculation, tenure, UPA, vice president, vice presidential, vp