Vice presidential election Aug 7, says poll panel (Lead)July 3rd, 2012 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) The election for India’s next vice president will be held Aug 7, if required, the Election Commission announced Tuesday.
“VP election schedule has been announced. Poll, if required, will be on Aug 7. The counting, if required, will be on the same day,” an election commission official said.
While the notification will be issued July 6, the last date of filing nominations is July 20, the poll panel said in a statement.
The date for the scrutiny of nomination is July 21, while the last date for the withdrawals is July 23.
Vice President Hamid Ansari is set to complete his tenure on Aug 10. Speculation was rife that he would be named for the post of president after Pratibha Patil completes her tenure in July. But the UPA named former finance minister Pranab Mukherjee as its nominee.
- Vice presidential election Aug 7: Poll panel (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Vice presidential poll Aug 7, says poll panel - Jul 03, 2012
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Presidential poll on July 19, result on July 22 (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Congress likely to re-nominate Hamid Ansari - Jul 09, 2012
- BJP to field its own vice president candidate - Jul 09, 2012
- UPA renominates Ansari for vice president (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Jaswant Singh as NDA's vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with wide margin (Intro Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with comfortable margin (Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Pawar meets Sonia over presidential poll - Apr 25, 2012
- Presidential fight finalised, focus shifts on Ansari's successor - Jun 23, 2012
- UPA renominates Ansari for vice president; Trinamool does not concur (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- President of its choice? Congress will find it difficult - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: election commission, election schedule, finance minister, hamid ansari, India, last date, New Delhi, nomination, poll, pranab mukherjee, pratibha patil, presidential election, scrutiny, speculation, tenure, UPA, vice president, vp, withdrawals