Verdict 2009 bad news for some ministersMay 16th, 2009 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) stole the show with its big victory but the election outcome brought bad news for more than half a dozen ministers who lost.
They include Panchayati Raj Minister Mani Shanker Aiyar (Tamil Nadu), Minority Affairs Minister A.R. Antulay (Maharashtra), Heavy Industries Minister Santosh Mohan Dev (Assam) and Textiles Minister Shankersinh Vaghela and Minister of State for Railways Naranbhai Rathwa (both Gujarat).
Minister of State (Independent charge) for Women and Child Development Renuka Chowdhury also lost in Andhra Pradesh.
Erstwhile allies, Steel Minister Ram Vilas Paswan of Lok Janshakti Party lost in Bihar, while Railways Minister Lalu Prasad of Rashtriya Janata Dal lost one of the two seats he contested in the same state.
- 36 former MPs still occupying government bungalows - Jul 16, 2009
- Congress members harming party prospects in Gujarat: Shastri - Jul 31, 2012
- Congress releases list of 12 candidates in Gujarat - Mar 09, 2009
- Nitish, Lalu, Paswan rakhis a hit in Bihar - Aug 23, 2010
- Lalu Prasad launches RJD campaign - Oct 06, 2010
- RJD to project Lalu Prasad as CM candidate - Aug 16, 2010
- Bihar shutdown over price hike affects normal life - Jul 10, 2010
- Nitish, Lalu, Paswan resume campaign after Chhath - Nov 14, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Ansari files nomination for vice presidential contest - Jul 18, 2012
- BJP's alliance partners in Jharkhand to support Pranab - Jul 17, 2012
- Hopeful getting Mamata's support, says Pranab (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Paswan's party colleague Sabir Ali joins JD-U - Nov 08, 2011
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1) - Oct 19, 2010
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: affairs minister, assam, dozen ministers, election outcome, erstwhile allies, gujarat minister, heavy industries, industries minister, janata, lalu prasad, lost one, minister of state, minority affairs, mohan, progressive alliance, ram vilas paswan, renuka chowdhury, santosh, vaghela, vilas