Venu Rajamony to be President Mukherjee’s press secretaryJuly 28th, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 28 (IANS) Venu Rajamony, joint secretary in the finance ministry and an officer of the 1986 batch of the Indian Foreign Service (IFS), is all set to take over as the press secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee.
“The name has been cleared. The orders will be issued in a day or two,” a senior officer in know of the development, told IANS Saturday.
Handling multilateral institutions such as the International Finance Corp, the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank in the finance ministry, Rajamony served as the consul-general of India in Dubai between 2007 and 2010.
A topper of his batch in 1986, the career-diplomat has also served the Indian missions in Hong Kong, Beijing, Geneva and Washington as also at his home ground in the Ministry of External Affairs in South Block.
In 1996, he was rapporteur of the UN Commission on Human Rights representing India.
At the Indian Embassy in Washington, he was the official spokesperson and later, back in India, he was named director and chef de cabinet in the office of then foreign minister Yashwant Sinha from 2002-04.
He holds a degree in law from the Mahatma Gandhi University in Kerala and a master’s in International Studies from the Jawaharlal Nehru University. He was also Asia Foundation Fellow at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies in Washington in 2001.
Fluent in Chinese, Rajamony has authored a monograph “The India-China-US Triangle: A Soft Balance of Power in the Making” as also a coffee table book “India and the UAE: In Celebration of a Legendary Friendship”.
- Rajamony takes over as president's press secretary - Aug 02, 2012
- Rajamony to oversee multilateral agencies at finance ministry - Oct 05, 2010
- Venu Rajamony handpicked for Finance Ministry post - Oct 06, 2010
- $315 mn ADB loan for Karnataka road projects - Jul 20, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh gets new chief secretary - Mar 29, 2011
- 'Watching Gajagamini was ritual for Husain's guests' - Jun 29, 2011
- Kerala to get $200 mn World Bank aid - Jul 04, 2011
- Bhagwati India's next envoy to London? - Nov 28, 2011
- World Bank offers $500 million loan for education in India - Mar 23, 2012
- World Bank to finance Uttarakhand hydro-power project - Aug 12, 2011
- Government signs accord with World Bank $155.3 mn grant (With Image) - Feb 17, 2012
- Indian Govt., World Bank sign agreement for watershed project in Uttarakhand - Mar 21, 2011
- Syed Akbaruddin is new spokesperson of India's Foreign Office (Lead) - Dec 07, 2011
- World's newest country beckons Indians to shine (Letter from Juba) - Mar 18, 2012
- World's newest country beckons Indians to shine (Letter from Juba) (With Images) - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: asia foundation, asian development bank, career diplomat, centre for strategic and international studies, chef de cabinet, coffee table book, consul general of india, finance ministry, foundation fellow, india china, indian embassy in washington, indian missions, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru university, mahatma gandhi university, ministry of external affairs, multilateral institutions, pranab mukherjee, soft balance, un commission on human rights