Vasundhara Raje arrives in Delhi to discuss BJP crisisAugust 31st, 2009 - 12:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 31 (IANS) Former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje arrived in the capital Monday to meet Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders and discuss the issue of her resignation from the post of leader of opposition in the state assembly.
“She has come to discuss the matter and other political issues of the state with the party leaders in Delhi,” BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told IANS.
Raje will be meeting senior party leader M. Venkaiah Naidu, who has been appointed by the party to deal with the problems in the state.
The Rajasthan unit of the party was plunged into crisis after Raje refused to step down on the directive of BJP president Rajnath Singh in the wake of the party’s debacle in the Lok Sabha elections in the state.
The BJP’s tally of 21 seats out of the total 25 in the state came down to four in the April-May elections, while it lost power in the assembly elections late last year, paving the way for the Congress’s return.
According to a party source, Raje, who was summoned to New Delhi, is likely to submit her resignation to Naidu.
However, the source said a rebellious Raje had put forth three demands before she quits her post.
She had said that her successor in the state assembly should be of her choice, the party should revoke the suspension of two of her loyal legislators and that she should be given a post in Delhi.
- BJP summons Vasundhra Raje to Delhi - Aug 28, 2009
- Vasundhara Raje elected Rajasthan BJP head - Feb 26, 2011
- Raje still unwell, BJP hopeful will quit - Sep 30, 2009
- Rajasthan BJP crisis: Raje supporters want her as state chief - May 07, 2012
- Vasundhara unwell, will not quit in a hurry - Aug 31, 2009
- Raje misses her meeting with Naidu, sends son Dushyant - Aug 31, 2009
- 40 Rajasthan BJP legislators offer to resign - May 06, 2012
- Vasundhara Raje given three days to quit her post - Aug 25, 2009
- Raje get well soon - and quit, says BJP - Sep 01, 2009
- Raje arrives in New Delhi to meet senior BJP leaders - Aug 30, 2009
- Vasundhara Raje to Venkaiah Naidu today - Aug 31, 2009
- Raje resigns as Rajasthan opposition leader - Feb 22, 2010
- Raje supporters want her as state chief, BJP says rift over (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- After veterans, regional leaders queering pitch for BJP (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2009
- Raje resigns as leader of opposition - Oct 23, 2009
Tags: abbas, assembly elections, chief minister, debacle, janata party, leader of opposition, legislators, lok sabha elections, mukhtar, naqvi, New Delhi, party leader, party leaders, party source, paving the way, raje, resignation, state assembly, tally, venkaiah naidu