Varun is an inexperienced politician: Hema MaliniApril 1st, 2009 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 1 (IANS) While Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh defended Varun Gandhi Wednesday, party MP and Bollywood veteran Hema Malini sang a different tune here, describing as “inexperienced” the Pilibhit candidate now in jail on charges of vilifying Muslims in his campaign speeches.
“The way Varun addressed the (election) rally (in Uttar Pradesh’s Pilibhit) was not good. He is an inexperienced leader and this could be the reason his speech was that way,” Hema Malini told reporters.
The BJP’s star campaigner refused to comment on the charges under National Security Act (NSA) against Varun Gandhi. “Our party leaders will react on the issue,” said Hema Malini.
Varun Gandhi, who is aspiring to debut as an MP from the seat now held by his mother Maneka, was arrested and later booked under the stringent NSA by the Uttar Pradesh government for “inciting violence” prior to his arrest Saturday.
Hema Malini, who was in Jharkhand to addressed BJP election meetings, wished “best of luck” to Varun’s cousin Rahul Gandhi, a Congress general secretary.
- Varun sent to Etah jail, approaches Supreme Court (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2009
- High court notice to Varun Gandhi in defamation case - Jul 28, 2010
- Sonia, Rahul to be invited for Varun's wedding: Maneka - Sep 27, 2010
- Notice to Varun Gandhi for defamatory remarks during Lok Sabha polls - Jul 28, 2010
- Congress, BSP trying to trap Varun Gandhi: Rajnath Singh (Lead) - Apr 01, 2009
- Varun meets Sonia, invites her to wedding - Feb 16, 2011
- Defamation suit filed against Varun Gandhi - Jun 07, 2010
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Gadkari slams '55 chief-minister candidates' comment - Mar 02, 2012
- Varun Gandhi gets apex court notice for poll speeches - Dec 02, 2011
- Notice to Varun on petition challenging his election - Jul 20, 2009
- Omar opposed to NSA against Varun - Apr 02, 2009
- Varun Gandhi gets bail, but remains behind bars - Mar 30, 2009
- Advani asks Varun Gandhi to exercise restraint - Apr 18, 2009
- Petition seeks Maneka's disqualification too - Jul 02, 2009
Tags: best of luck, campaign speeches, campaigner, different tune, election meetings, election rally, general secretary, hema malini, janata party, jharkhand, maneka, national security act, nsa, party leaders, politician, rahul gandhi, rajnath singh, ranchi, uttar pradesh government, varun gandhi